Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Harbor freight blast cabinet-failed!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Courtland1949
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:59 pm    Post subject: Harbor freight blast cabinet-failed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

After one week of ownership, the gloves have torn from the cabinet and are now useless. In addition,
still trying to overcome the air bound issue. Have had some luck, but not 100 percent reliable. Kinda
disappointed.

super99
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Harbor freight blast cabinet-failed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Take it back!!!

Scott 730
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Harbor freight blast cabinet-failed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have you looked at any of the Youtube videos yet that show modifications that will make these cabinets work better? I posted this already in your other thread last week.

Stephen Newell
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Harbor freight blast cabinet-failed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

From time to time I get a lemon there too. They will take it back with no question.

Greg1959
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Harbor freight blast cabinet-failed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had the bench top model and used it for years. I'm sure you can get a replacement if it is still under warranty.

tomturkey
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Harbor freight blast cabinet-failed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Take it back...make yourself a satisfied customer.....unless of course something in your installation contributed to its failure. gobble

MarkB_MI
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: Harbor freight blast cabinet-failed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A Harbor Freight tool failing catastrophically after one week? I've never heard of such a thing! This is certainly a black mark against HF's sterling reputation for quality.

Butch(OH)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: Harbor freight blast cabinet-failed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

LOL

Danny Prosser
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: Harbor freight blast cabinet-failed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought one of there $50.00 battery chargers and it worked on the first battery and when I tried to charge another one the next weekend nothing no bells whistles dead. I took it back and the girl said yeah I don't know why those don't last very long! Do you want another one or a refund? I had that really you asked that after your statement look on my face!

rustyfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: Harbor freight blast cabinet-failed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-MarkB_MI wrote:
(quoted from post at 04:12:55 06/02/20) A Harbor Freight tool failing catastrophically after one week? I've never heard of such a thing! This is certainly a black mark against HF's sterling reputation for quality.

I appreciate the sarcasm. I learned to avoid Harbor Freight several years ago. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Billy Shafer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: Harbor freight blast cabinet-failed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is Harbor Freight. What did you think would happen.

dr sportster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: Harbor freight blast cabinet-failed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

But the new employee t-shirts say "Quality Tools " How could that happen ?

Idaho Digger
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Harbor freight blast cabinet-failed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Take it back.

At my local HF, The head is back by the defectives area. They've always got half a dozen blast returned cabinets stacked up there, I've seen them also right in front of the compactor.....

Goose
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Harbor freight blast cabinet-failed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's my theory on HF tools, and I've gotten good stuff and not so good stuff from them.

I'm in the process of building a new deck on the front of our house. For a more professional looking job, my plans involve beveling the ends of some 10' and 18' 2x8s, beveling the ends of the railing posts, cutting 4x4s to length, and the usual cutting. So I spent $159 for HF's 12" sliding miter saw. I figure it's more efficient and simpler to have the saw at hand instead of having to haul the lumber somewhere to have it sawed. Possibly cheaper, too.

So far the saw has done exactly what I wanted it to do, including beveling the ends of 18' 2x8s.

When this project is done, will I ever use the saw again? Beats me. I have no projects on the horizon that would require it. Even if I never use it again, it will still bring some money back someday when someone auctions the equipment out of my shop.

That being said, I don't begrudge or belittle someone who needs to use a saw like that on a daily basis from spending several times the money for a high dollar, brand name saw.

Just my theory, as I said above.

Square Eye
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Harbor freight blast cabinet-failed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That’s easy to answer. All tools are quality. The word “quality” needs a modifier such as poor, fair, good, or excellent in order to identify the level of quality. The shirts may mislead, but they don’t lie.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters