Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

John Deere 336 baler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raymond Rauch
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject: John Deere 336 baler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My neighbor has a john deere 336 baler with kicker that he has used for years. I am helping him make hay and he told me that you have to make right hand turns with the baler and kicker wagon. He stated that the wagon will put to much pressure on the left side wheel when turning left and may cause it to break the bold where the wheel mounts. Has anyone experience this or heard of this before. To me this just doesn't seem economical or correct.

Raymond Rauch
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 336 baler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

meant to say break the bolts where wheel is mounted.

Hay maker2
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 336 baler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Raymond Rauch wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:10:31 06/04/20) My neighbor has a john deere 336 baler with kicker that he has used for years. I am helping him make hay and he told me that you have to make right hand turns with the baler and kicker wagon. He stated that the wagon will put to much pressure on the left side wheel when turning left and may cause it to break the bold where the wheel mounts. Has anyone experience this or heard of this before. To me this just doesn't seem economical or correct.

Guess I have been doing it wrong all these years.
Probably should make left hand turns going down the road too.

matthies
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 336 baler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was told to turn right as it is better for the pto drive line.

Alvin 41
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 336 baler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just sold a 346 (wider pickup) we had bought new in 78.Had an oversize 16" tire on left (heavy )side which has a 4 bolt heavy steel piece to locate wheel further back to compensate for thrower weight. Never had any concerns with these bolts ,but did have to beef up wagon hitch bolts under thrower.

Cliff Nelson
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 336 baler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have repaired several LH axle extensions on 336 balers over the years. They seemed to be a weak point but I don't know as left hand turns had anything to do with it. RH turns are easier on the driveline and can make a tight square turn. 346 had the heavy plate steel extension with no problems.

Loosehandle
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 336 baler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Had to fix mine several years
ago but I think bouncing down
the road is what did it in.

MikeJM
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 336 baler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Never heard of such a thing. I turn ours every which way, never had any issues, though I prefer right turns because I can see things better.

Only ever had an issue once with the left wheel. Broke the spindle off in the field. Cut the weld in the milking machine, pressed in a new spindle, welded it and back at it.

If your neighbor is breaking bolts there something else is wrong. Might be time for better bolts.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters