Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

4230 Repower

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vinney33
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject: 4230 Repower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am in the process of re-powering a 1977 John Deere 4230 with a 404 turbo engine out of 7700 combine. I know there have been some discussions about using a 4320 exhaust elbow but it requires a angled adapter pipe to make it hook up. I know Tim S had posted about these just wanted to know how to get a hold of anybody that knew where to acquire these. Thank you.

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 4230 Repower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

IIRC that is a creation from Tim's shop. Maybe he will see this.

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 4230 Repower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yes, they are home made, and they are kinda of a compound angle,,I would share it with you, but it would be hard to convey it. What I do id cut a new turbo coupling in half bolt the 4320 elbow to the upper 2 sets of holes on the manifold, then place the two halves into the elbow and the turbo then cut a piece of 3" black pipe to mate them together.

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 4230 Repower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Vinney33
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 4230 Repower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have done a couple of 4230 repowers before and have used 4320 exhaust manifolds and turbos. They bolt up quite nicely, but require modifications to the hood to accomodate the new exhaust. The hood and tinwork on this tractor are perfect so I would like to keep them that way.
I would be interseted in buying a couple of them if you have them for sale. You can give me a call at 563 370 0310. Thanks
Rick

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters