Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Hay

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject: Hay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Raked a loads worth of hay, bales it at 5:00, stacked it in the barn at 7:00. Small squares. Had cut it Wednesday.

It’s some swamp ground, too wet to crop but as the grass grows it can make nice hay if it’s a drier year.

First time in 4 years I cut it in June, and got it put in the barn without a rain!

No pics of the hay itself, I was too tuckered out and the iPad was in the house....

Paul

Matt from Oz
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:23 am    Post subject: Re: Hay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice blue machines glad you got it in. We are in the off season here so using hay not making it.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: Hay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I cut through standing water Thursday and yesterday. It's only supposed to be in the mid 60s today. I don't know if I'll be able to bale today or not. It's slow going.

MSS3020
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Hay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

how does the disc mower handle on the ford.. whats the hp on the ford..

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Hay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It’s right around 60hp, which is just about right for that mower. In really tough swamp grass it makes the tractor work, but most of the time it’s just driving along in 6th and hang on. Can handle the weight of the mower too, I think I’m glad to have the 3 weights up front....

Paul

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Using Your Tractor & Crop Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters