Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Repairing 9250 backhoe valves

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kunkle_300b
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject: Repairing 9250 backhoe valves Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi,

Im about to try and repair some valves on my 9250.

Im trying to find some directions or hear from someone experienced, before I order the rebuild kits and pull it apart.

Is there anything I should be looking for? What issues do you think Ill have?
Thanks.

Jim.ME
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Repairing 9250 backhoe valves Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TM1026 is the John Deere publication for the technical manual for your backhoe, you might want to get a copy. Do you have pressure gauges to check pressures after you pull it apart and put kits in?

Kunkle_300b
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Repairing 9250 backhoe valves Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Jim

I do not have gauges, Im trying to figure out what to buy, I do have several pressure transducers.

Where do I hook the gauges and what values am I looking for?

Right now my swing cylinder is only creeping left but works well going right.

Jim.ME
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Repairing 9250 backhoe valves Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't have the pressures and all the info you need, the manual will have the info you need. It also has diagnostic info to help determine the causes of issues.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: Repairing 9250 backhoe valves Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kunkle_300b wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:23:58 06/13/20)
Right now my swing cylinder is only creeping left but works well going right.

Is control valve leaking externally? If not leaking externally I doubt R&R of seals on valve will stop cylinder creeping.

Jim.ME
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: Repairing 9250 backhoe valves Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would agree with Tx Jim. This is where doing diagnostic checks before tearing things apart is prudent.

First thing you should check, if you haven't, is to confirm the valve is moving the same amount in both directions when the control handle is moved. Another quick check that often helps determine a valve vs cylinder problem is to swap the hoses at the valve (or cylinder if access is easier). If you can swap the two hoses, that go to the cylinder, so the cylinder works the opposite way when the control handle is moved from the way it works now and try it. If the cylinder still creeps going left and swings ok to the right the problem is likely in the cylinder. If it creeps right and swings left it is likely an issue in the valve.

Kunkle_300b
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: Repairing 9250 backhoe valves Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I appreciate all the advice.

I ordered the tech manual that was suggested and Ill swap the hoses this week and see if that makes a difference.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters