Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Hay hay

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:42 pm    Post subject: Hay hay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got my two loads of hay bales today. Let it dry until 3:00, then 10 drops of rain fell on the window. The heck? Very odd teeny tiny shower. Was windy all day, so waited another 15 minutes and raked. Wind almost blew the windrows around.

Got a pic of the baler and load this evening. It was chilly by 8:00, 66 degrees. Really odd to ever be chilly while doing hay, but a strong wind and 66 degrees, was a comfortable chilly.

Paul

Matt from Oz
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Hay hay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Paul

Looks good. What model baler is that one?

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: Hay hay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

NH 270.

Paul

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: Hay hay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I rolled another 105 bales. I had to wear a hoodie when I raked it. Mid 60s all day, but it was real windy. It was drier than the stuff I rolled up Monday when it was 90 degrees because of the wind and low humidity.

Brown Swiss
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: Hay hay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My dad was looking at bale baskets for a while, would have been better then the flat racks I stacked, or the NHS stackliner we had! Stackliner worked good on level to slight rolling ground, but steeper hills it was out!

I remember early 2000s sometime we were small squaring in July and it was so cool everyday I was wearing a hooded sweatshirt, couldn't believe it!

Absent Minded Farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Hay hay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Still chomping at the bit, here. My equipment was mothballed for a few years & apparently likes getting up & moving about as much as I do. Heck, it took me an hour just to figure out how to get the baler out of the corner without wiping out the grain binder. Think I'm a little out of practice.

Mike

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Hay hay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My yard is centered on my farm, so I leave the baler and basket hooked together and have to drive in a U circle past the chicken barn loop past the hay mow and up past the silo, then back it down to the hay mow so the basket is sideways to the door aganst the silo room.

Backing a double jointed rig like that in a controlled semi circle can get interesting.

My first try on Friday wife was watching and it just wasn’t working for me. The wagon pivot wheel would pivot a different way each time which changes how it backs as well, bet I made 10 tries to get there.

I said, just out of practice I’ll get better.

Yesterday I backed up and wife held up 2 fingers and smiled, I only took 2 tries....

Paul

Bill VA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Hay hay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks great! I think you need a YouTube channel too!

Bill

David Snipes
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Hay hay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No hay in Spokane yet, just cold and rainy. The grass is starting to lodge.

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Hay hay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Today I had a tiny bit of trimming in the yard, 5 bales worth. Raked them and had to go chase the windrows, very windy day all day. Way too windy..... could not have raked anything out in a field would have blown away.

Paul

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: Hay hay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We had a quick storm through here Thursday evening after I cut a field. Not much rain, but unbelievable wind. Hay was blown right up in to the tall grass in the fencerow on the east side of the field, some was over in the bean field east of there. Some places in the field there weren't even any swaths to rake, just hay spread and scattered all the way across the landscape.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Using Your Tractor & Crop Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters