Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

The blue family

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject: The blue family Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The blue family here.

Paul

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: The blue family Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice lineup!

Matt from Oz
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: The blue family Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Paul

Very impressive. What is the 2wd Ford at the back with duals? Should put this on the Ford page to achieve full appreciation.

Thanks for sharing.

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: The blue family Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TW20.

8970 and 7700 in front of it.

5200 and 1720 in front row.

Paul

Bill VA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: The blue family Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks great! I like to see and read about some of the folks that generally have one brand of tractors, be it Ford, MF, AC, etc. IMHO those tractors built from the mid 60’s to the mid 80’s were the pinnacle of tractor manufacturing for the family farm in the day.

First tractor on our farm was a Ford 3000. Still here, my brother has it and plans on a restore when he retires.

JK-NY
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: The blue family Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looking good, that is a nice fleet but wheres the 960? I guess it got left out since it isnt blue.

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: The blue family Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It’s a little shy, the tin work is off it, from some previous and now pending repairs......

Paul

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: The blue family Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Love the blue and white fords is the 8970 a Ford New Holland or just New Holland

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: The blue family Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It’s a 2000 New Holland.

I believe the 1720 is also just NH, but of course that’s a relabeled import any way it’s labeled.

First tractor I bought (on my own, not bought from dad) was the TW20, it was well worn when I got it. Last 5 years it got a new hyd pump, a donor engine, and the rear end reworked from a bad bearing. Kind of a money pit, but I know what I got now and for the 20+ years I’ve run it I’m still coming out on value for hp.

The 8970 just showed up last fall.

Paul

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: The blue family Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Too hot today to accomplish anything worth taking pictures of, wind too strong to fly a drone. Nothing new!

Paul

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: The blue family Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Those tw are good tractors . I’m not afraid to put money in one at least Like you say then you Know what you’ve got

flying belgian
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: The blue family Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Paul. When was that picture taken? Surely you don't have corn shooting tassel already.

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: The blue family Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ha! Yea it was taken last, eh, August/Sept.

Paul

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: The blue family Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I’m a poor mechanic, I take my stuff to a neighborhood tractor mechanic. When the crankshaft broke he asked what I wanted to do with it.

I said well, I am looking to replace it with a little bigger tractor, but sure would be nice to have around for pulling bigger wagons, as a backup if a bigger one breaks, and so forth.

Good, he says, these are pretty simple to fix up, just wanted to see here we were going with it. He said he didn’t like remanufactured engines any more of that age, too many were tweaked too hard and don’t hold up. He prefers finding good used takeout engines, 1 year warranty, then if they need a little work it’s easier to overhaul one that is still sound and working

When the 5200 clutch got weak I wrote out some symptoms it was having, other issues as long as it was getting opened up. I had written I really like that 5200 nice size for me I hope to have it as long as I Farm. When it was done he said he really liked my written page, and then he knew to make things good if borderline or if things should just get working for now.

More than you wanted to know.

Dopp Creek
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: The blue family Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a great fleet that earn their keep. All thousand series tractors here from 1967-1969. Love the old Fords.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Using Your Tractor & Crop Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters