Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Help identifying my tractor and it’s current value

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dylanh
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:38 am    Post subject: Help identifying my tractor and it’s current value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello, I bought this tractor about 5 years ago. It had a fresh top end done on it. It has sat since then. I went to crank it up and discovered engine was seized. Pulled plugs and there is corrosion on the tips. I think rain entered thru the intake and caused internal corrosion. The three point worked great. It has rear remote hydraulics and transmission is fine. Any info from you guys would be greatly appreciated. I’m trying to figure out the model of it and it’s value as is vs. up and running. Thanks

Jim.ME
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Help identifying my tractor and it s current value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you post a number of photos of it from different angles, that might help people to help you ID it. I don't think the current info you posted will get you much help.

Dylanh
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Help identifying my tractor and it s current value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have tried to upload photos 3 times now. So far no luck. I will
keep trying.

Jim.ME
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Help identifying my tractor and it s current value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim.ME
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Help identifying my tractor and it s current value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Interesting, I rotated the photos and they were right side up in the preview, but reverted to upside down when submitted.

Tgrasher
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Help identifying my tractor and it’s current value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Case model 430 / 440 gas g148 engine made 1960 to 1969, would be worth $500 to 900 depending on the guy wanting it. I would pay 750 tops.

olgentdc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Help identifying my tractor and it s current value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Goodness ! , Dont anyone on here know a 530 Case gasser when they see One ! ,Dylan , If You let that 530 set put in the weather without a bucket over the muffler and air breather ???... I FEEL sorry For You !.because you have a hopelessly STUCK engine ,especially if it was a new Rebuild . I would Pay 750 if I did not need to drive too far From Louisville KY to get it .... if the muffler was kept covered , Then You Should be in decent shape even after 5 yrs . Change Oil in the breather,and crankcase. .Remove the plugs . Pour in some Marvel Mystery oil , Seafoam , Or hydraulic oil spark plug holes. take a pipe wrench and engage the PTO and try rocking the shaft back and forth,. you could also jackup one rear wheel , shift it into hi gear and try rocking the wheel to break it loose , Once Loose rock it back and forth,so as not to lose your oil when the piston comes,to top then you can spin it thru . If Your 530 has all the sidecovers and was running good ,A gasser 530 depending on tires and how equipped should bring bargain side of 1300 - to as much as 3 thousand, depends on dualHydraulic outlets , 8 or 12 speed . But YOURS looks to be a standard 4 speed, And IMHO that reduces your vaue at least 1000 dollars . Also , A good seat cushion and working lights working helps sell a tractor in this modern world ,

VACLee
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Help identifying my tractor and it’s current value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim , you may want to take a closer look. Multi-piece hood, full fenders, bent gear shift, kinda resembles a 530.

Bruce from Can.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: Help identifying my tractor and it’s current value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree, 430 hood is one piece, this tractor is probably a 530

rustred
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Help identifying my tractor and it’s current value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

all those pictures and you cut off the muffler top, and the serial # plate will give you the information you want. as olgent said if exhaust was not covered your in for an engine job. keep that million dollar can on the exhaust pipe.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters