Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

It must be Monday.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Shafer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:29 am    Post subject: It must be Monday. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just found out the tractor tire. I helped replace yesterday. Is flat this morning. Five hours of cleaning and mounting. Just went poof.

Destroked 450
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: It must be Monday. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some times Monday is a little slow getting caught up to you
and other times it's a day or two early.

Idaho Digger
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: It must be Monday. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some weeks I have 4 Mondays in a row. Always try to make Friday "loose ends" day which is USUALLY more enjoyable.

Billy Shafer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: It must be Monday. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

And some days. You should have just stayed in bed.

daisyman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: It must be Monday. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds familiar. Back tire and battery both went flat on my JDLX178 mower on the same day last week. Took the battery out and put a syringe full of water in EACH cell.....MY BAD. Battery's OK. Tire has a tube in it, and had a small hole in it. Never found anything in the tire....patched the tube, put it back together, smiling. Went to mow this week, tires flat!! Pulled it apart (not fun) again, aired it up with a vengence, put it in a 55 gal barrel of water.....no leaks! GRRRR! Put it back on this morning, we'll see!
Irv

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: It must be Monday. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Fingers crossed. I put a new pair on one of my Oliver 66s this afternoon. I hope I didn't pinch a tube.

Billy NY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: It must be Monday. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just had a mini-monday when well a small thing goes wrong, but stops you from working, day is drawing to a close etc. I have to laugh, just get through it, all ends well eventually !

Went down the hill to mow and trim the lawn around the rental house and my new to me shop. Just get started, and back tire goes flat. Well I think it just came off the rim, broke the bead along a curb or something, really not sure. No compressor in the shop yet, so I need to get it back to the house, and without running in it as I'd never get it seated back to air up. So I walked up, got the backhoe and carefully moved the lawn tractor into the bucket, hauled it back up, aired it up, tire held ! Then back down to finish, minor interruption. The part I hate is losing time since I already did a full day at work, up at 430am, day did not end til dark. To me that is worse than the repair LOL, which was really just an inconvenience. Now if it was a cascade of things going wrong, lol,. we've all likely been there !

Southern Ray
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: It must be Monday. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Put more air in it to check for leaks.
I once chased a leak for three tries over two weeks and couldn't find it. But the tire kept going down.
Last time I put more air in it and found the leak. The hole was too tiny to make bubbles until I put more pressure in the tube.

daisyman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: It must be Monday. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When I say I aired it up with a vengence, it's an 18/8.50/x8 and I could just barely get it in a 55 gallon barrel diameter. It's still up this afternoon!! Musta done something right. However, that battery problem turned out to be four burned spade terminals in the connector to the voltage regulator. (each end of two pair of wires). Can't get them out of the connector either. Gonna have to wait for another day, I'm wore out and going to bed. Hot and humid here today, (upper 90's) same tomorrow. Can't take the heat no more.
Irv

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters