Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

International Loadstar 1800

View previous topic :: View next topic  
young tractor
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject: International Loadstar 1800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi guys. I have a question for you. I just acquired a 1973 international 1800 tandem axle grain truck. I have only owned single axle trucks before. It has a power divider. It has a knob with a red light next to it. I’m going to Ask a dumb question. How do I use it? Do I have to use the clutch to lock it in? Should the knob be pushed with the light off for normal use? Do I pull the knob out if I want to lock the rear axle if I think I might get stuck. I appreciate any advice you can give

John Saeli
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: International Loadstar 1800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not a dumb question, excellent question. With knob in, normal use, only 1 axle out of the 4 will drive, unless your 1800 has "Positive traction" shifting power to both axles on 1 differential, but I think that would be another knob. Either way, with the power divider not in use, only 1 differential will drive, and that is the one that will spin the easiest. With the knob out, power will be sent to both differentials. You can pull the knob out sitting still, or in normal motion, BUT NEVER pull the knob while stuck and spinning. If you look ahead and see you might need extra traction up ahead, pull the knob before that happens.

young tractor
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: International Loadstar 1800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks John. Do I need to push the clutch when shifting it in or out?

John Saeli
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: International Loadstar 1800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No. Just be sure to never activate when spinning.

young tractor
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: International Loadstar 1800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks I appreciate it

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Yesterday's Trucks All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters