Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

My neck loves front driven trailers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCmau
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:06 am    Post subject: My neck loves front driven trailers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Richard G.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: My neck loves front driven trailers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I do that with my 8N sometimes.
Gonna do it this evening when I put a trailer with fresh dug potatoes in my shop.
Richard in NW SC

Ed S. (IL)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: My neck loves front driven trailers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I put a front hitch receiver on my truck for the same reason!

es

Caryc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: My neck loves front driven trailers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't get how that works. If you steer the tractor to the right, the trailer goes to the left.

Do you just use it in reverse?

stevob671
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: My neck loves front driven trailers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Had one on our 8N- best way to push wagons in the barn!

Btzj02
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: My neck loves front driven trailers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-stevob671 wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:02:20 08/11/20) Had one on our 8N- best way to push wagons in the barn!

This summer is the first time I tried that with a hay wagon. It is definitely an art. It may take me a couple summers but I will figure it out!
JB

Ed S. (IL)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: My neck loves front driven trailers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Caryc wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:28:09 08/11/20)
I don't get how that works. If you steer the tractor to the right, the trailer goes to the left.

Driving it "forward" takes about two tries to figure out - it comes pretty naturally. It's easier than backing a pickup with a single axle trailer, in fact.

In the pic, I'm driving the tractor in reverse to pull the loaded rack out of the field, but once I got to the barn, I drove it 'forward' into the shed to unload. Biggest challenge there was not being able to see around the load, which necessitated a few stops to hop off and make sure I was centered up on the door.

es

ASEguy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: My neck loves front driven trailers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice looking truck Ed!

ASEguy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: My neck loves front driven trailers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like the dump feature.

NCmau
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: My neck loves front driven trailers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Caryc wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:28:09 08/11/20)

You drive forward or in reverse if you have a significant distance. Naturally you do not drive forward on the road, but if you want an easy and simple way to position a trailer that is the way to do it. You drive slow and comes easy and natural.

NCmau
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: My neck loves front driven trailers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-ASEguy wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:52:41 08/12/20) I like the dump feature.

Thanks. It is a simple gin-pole setup, just a two-speed winch and a drive shaft with no fancy hydraulics.... and it works great.

JK-NY
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: My neck loves front driven trailers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would like to make a similar lift system on one of my firewood trailers . I believe I even have a winch here to use. As far as
backing up hitched to front bumper, I have been backing wagon loads of hay in that way for years. I have had people stop and watch,
they must think it is a lot harder to do than it is.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters