Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Don't get it!!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don't understand

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Don't get it!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was at a pull yesterday got my but kicked but that dosen't matter. I have a super M. Not the best tractor first time that we have pulled it since we got it done this winter. Has cut tires, header on it. So I have to pull the open class which is fine. But I see guys out there running stock tires no header. But there running race fuel which isn't stock. We all know these tractors aren't stock what are they proving by beating everybody and saying there stock tractors. Don't make a difference to me but I was curious what everybody else thinks.

Old and wise

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Don't get it!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The world is full of low life scum that can't play fair becuz they are ROTTON loosers'. The Devil walks every were

i don't understand either

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Don't get it!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So why don't you put the stock manifold and some uncut tires and run where you belong instead of complaining about getting beat by more souped up tractors?

TDM

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Don't get it!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

VERY FEW tractors are stock, that's why you have mph classes and rules. You said you were pulling an open class, thats not stock. I've got a basically stock M with a few "minor" improvements which puts out maybe 65 to 70 hp and I pull against 100+ hp M's all the time. sometime's they beat me, sometime's they don't. it's not alway's about horsepower. You should've spent that money you wasted on the header and put it into the motor.

Gary from Muleshoe

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't get it!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I miss the days when we could go to the county fair and pull our farm tractors and know they were stock (really stock) and have a good time. Walk and remain friends with our neighbors because we were just there to have a little fun with the tractors we made a living with. Now I am not a farmer any more but I still like to pull my old JD B but most places I can’t even start the sled so I just run in parades. I am planning old getting my old MM U up and going for pulls next year.

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't get it!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know what you guys are saying, easy to get in between classes, not stock but not heavily modified. I believe in mph classes and stock drawbars ought to be at 16 or at the most 18 inches. STOCK is a very generic term!!

joecool

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't get it!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like to take our stock, or less than stock as it should be noted and out pull modified tractors. it takes knowing your tractor, how to set the air pressure, weights and read a track. most people who complain have to much air and only try to pull once a year. you say this is the first time you pulled all year. we, my dad, brother and I, have attended about 8 pulls so far this year. we pull our old tractors in farmstock and modified, several different weight classes. win some, loose some.

Don't understand

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't get it!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey I don't understand eiter? I didn't say that was all that was done to it. But that is the point I could put stock tires on it and manifold and pull in the stock class. But that isn't fair to the guys that are truely stock now is it. I didn't go out and by a header just for the fun of it.

Don't Understand

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't get it!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are these 100+hp M's pulling in the stock class or speed classes.

AW Puller

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't get it!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Granted, backing up to the dyno could prove me wrong, but I would bet $$ that you did infact buy the header for the fun of it. I would be very surprised if you gained anything from it. You may have even lost power.

I understand what you are saying about modified in the stock class, etc, etc. But what you have to remember is that it is a lot easier for the tech man to see a header on the outside of an engine than what is on the inside. Its easy to police the obvious stuff.

TDM

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't get it!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A- class 3 mph, B- class 6 mph. A class is considered stock. A couple of them run in A class. I understand what your saying, but the only rule is correct block and head for whatever tractor your running. So I know that going in and I can live with that. Like I said before its not just horsepower that makes a tractor pull.

those days

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't get it!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yes, those days long ago when all those stock M's with truly stock m&w kits with only 3/4 inch stroke and 3/4 inch domes those were the days , when you could get them at a farmall dealer instead off hunting on the Internet for them.

justanothercase

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't get it!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it must be a duck. Wink

Captainhookerus

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't get it!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Make the stock class pull with an 8 ft or longer chain. That will equalize every one back to where their tractor will only pull 70% or less of tractor weight.

m.t

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't get it!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

may-be you should have actually read your rules a little this winter,before you spent all that money on a header and cut tires??could have spent all that big money on someting that would actually give you power like a sroked crank!!LOL!!!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Pulling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters