Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

DB990 Selectamatic Axle Seals Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
katmandude
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:33 pm    Post subject: DB990 Selectamatic Axle Seals Help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Trying to find the correct part #s for which axle seals are the correct ones. Can't seem to get a correct breakdown. Looking to get brakes working again they are most likely soaked in earl, both sides final drives leaking.

joestewart
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: DB990 Selectamatic Axle Seals Help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

K623409?

I just looked in the free parts manual for the 990 which is at the following google site:

https://sites.google.com/site/deerebrown/david-brown-info-ii/david-brown-parts-manuals

You could also try the Case online parts search. See if this link works for you:

https://www.mycnhistore.com/us/en/caseih/na/tractors/agricultural/david-brown/david-brown-selectamatic-tractor-sn-11070001-after/cn/ECD76496-EFBE-E111-9FCE-005056875BD6

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: DB990 Selectamatic Axle Seals Help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It may not be the oil causing them to not work. It may well be plain old dust and dirt and rust keeping things from working. That's basically allt hat was wrong with mine. I put in the new brake shoes I bought anyway, but cleaning up 40 years of crap made a world of difference.

mbpenney
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: DB990 Selectamatic Axle Seals Help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have you ever gotten this problem solved? The seal went in my 990, in the process of replacing them. I have the seals, as far as I know I have the correct ones.
My problem is I do not know if the final drive, slides off after unbolting it or if there is some sort of lock ring in side the end cover?

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: DB990 Selectamatic Axle Seals Help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

On the DIF lock side (right) the diff lock pedal must be depressed and locked down or the diff lock sleeve will fall off its shift fork, a pain to get back in place but doable.

mbpenney
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: DB990 Selectamatic Axle Seals Help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yep on the right side. So lock the diff lock peddle down before sliding the final drive off.. Is that what you are saying?
But does it slide right off, leaving what would be the axle, I guess would be the best way to describe it..

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters