Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Never seen one of these before

View previous topic :: View next topic  
David from Kansas
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:41 am    Post subject: Never seen one of these before Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hand tie John Deere small square baler. Seen at the show in Fairview, Oklahoma this past week end. Have seen several JD hand tie balers but
not with the self loading feature. Kinda neat.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Never seen one of these before Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've never seen a hand tie baler with pickup attachment either. It appears from viewing parts catalog JD made a light & heavy duty model

rustred
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Never seen one of these before Reply to specific post Reply with quote

should work if you pulled it slowly on a light swath. years ago we used to park by the straw pile from thrashing machine and bale with the old 46 ih baler.

rustred
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Never seen one of these before Reply to specific post Reply with quote

and you would have to walk behind just like the old 46 also tieing bales lol.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Never seen one of these before Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-rustred wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:23:33 09/28/20) and you would have to walk behind just like the old 46 also tieing bales lol.

This appears to resemble a bench with foot rests to me

Roger in Iowa
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Never seen one of these before Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How did the hay get from the upper end of the "conveyor" over to the bale chamber. Yes, I know the "china man" put it into the bale chamber.

wilson ind
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Never seen one of these before Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sure would be difficult to crank the engine. Back before me my father bought a new John Deere baler which was wire tie by hand. He did a lot of custom work . This would have been in the area of 1938.

Alvin 41
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Never seen one of these before Reply to specific post Reply with quote

!n late 40"S our neighbors had a Case pickup baler with a seat on each side for riders to hand tie.Not sure of the procedure and it was a dusty job.

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Never seen one of these before Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Back in the fifties my dad and a neighbor co-owned a Case wire tie baler. I was just a little kid when they got rid of it but I can still hear that Wisconsin engine slowing down and speeding up with the motion of the plunger. I still have the goggles the two guys who rode on the seats wore.

mrslesq
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: Never seen one of these before Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My Dad used to talk about their block baler. He said it almost took a full time carpenter to build blocks because so many were turned into kindling wood. That JD motor on the baler looked exactly like the motor that ran a speed jack which powered a hay hoist winch that Dad built. I'm sure that is where it came from. When Dad got back from WWII they purchased a JD 116W wire baler and custom baled alot of hay for the neighborhood. BTW nice picture!

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: Never seen one of these before Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Seen one of those at the Huron Steam Show in Blyth Ontario .
NOT OSHA approved .
Not safe to be even near, let alone operate .

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Never seen one of these before Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Which osha? Yt or the real osha

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters