Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Front mounted snow blade

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
8NChris
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Front mounted snow blade Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="Lynn Patrick"](quoted from post at 16:43:47 10/17/20)
8NChris wrote:
What model is yours and where would the tag originally have been?

Model is AD 456 I think - it's not completely clear. It's right behind the bracket that bolts to the front axle (I think! It's too dark out now to see!)
Ed Gooding posted the ARPS/Blackhawk manual on the N Board under manuals. The blade is designed to work off of the tractor hydraulics or with the Sherman backhoe.

Paul in MN
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Front mounted snow blade Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have this same blade and mounting system. I thought it was a good "home brew" with the pipe members. A few good things about its design is that it does not put the push forces on the front of the tractor, but all the way back to the rear end where the forward pushing forces are. The frame and blade can pivot separately from the tractor and front axle so the blade can follow the ground quite well. Mine has 2 springs for trip. The hydraulics were supplied by locking the 3 pt arms in a raised position and then the hydraulic fluid is taken from the test port on the bottom of the Hyd pump and sent up to a standard 2 way valve. Of course the lift action is slow with the 2 +/- gal per min pump capacity. Thus the somewhat small diameter hyd lift cylinder at the front. The lift cylinder should be attached to the blade frame with a short chain so the blade can "float" on the ground. I pushed a lot of snow with this in the 70's and also pushed a lot of dirt while building my house. It is a pretty tough system.

Paul in MN

Paul in MN

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters