Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

K-Cup Coffee Makers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNYBill
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:23 am    Post subject: K-Cup Coffee Makers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Our Keurig doesn't make uniform cups of coffee, 6oz to 10oz, supposed to make 10oz cups. We clean the needles and the reservoir with vinegar, works right for a day or a week or a month. Disgusted with Keurig, but like the convivence of single cups. Thinking about Hamilton Beach. Looking for suggestions.

jCarroll
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: K-Cup Coffee Makers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I found a couple of YouTubes regarding K cleaning - did those - seemed to "restore" functionality.
Our needle piercing assembly needed cleaning.

Gene Davis (Ga.)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: K-Cup Coffee Makers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have had a Keuring unit for about 15 years and have only done the regular routine cleaning and it has preformed well. I would buy a Kuering brand the next time if need be.

Goose
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: K-Cup Coffee Makers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Keurigs do need a thorough cleaning periodically. My wife was going to throw one out once when all it needed was cleaning.

Have you followed the owner's manual on cleaning?

MJMJ
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: K-Cup Coffee Makers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Why are you asking the same question you asked two days ago? You'll get the same answers as you did on the other thread, the problem is your water and has zero to do with the brand of coffee maker. Either clean it weekly or install a softener.

Sean Feeney
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: K-Cup Coffee Makers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have had mine a few years never cleaned it works good every morning

teddy52food
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: K-Cup Coffee Makers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Quit drinking coffee!

Roger Tomfohrde
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: K-Cup Coffee Makers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We had one where the inner tubing got a small leak and if not used often would lose prime. Ended up in trash, new one just fine.

Absent Minded Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: K-Cup Coffee Makers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Suggestions on a different brand of machine or how to clean what you have? My sister has a K cup machine & she got tired of cleaning it every month or less. Used whatever cleaner the company sold for it. It brewed inconsistent batches after about a year of using it WITH bottled water. Well, the gallon water jugs from the grocery store. Which is just filtered city water.... or recycled toilet water, however you want to look at it. Either or, I don't think she's used it in five or six years now. If you wish to change to a whole different brewing machine, I use & highly recommend the Dolce Gusto units from Krups. The machine my ex up & took with her when she left was purchased in 2010 & presumably still works. It did when that such-n-so left me last year anyhow. The variety of flavors isn't as abundant as for the Kurigs, but I found what was offered to be of higher quality. Especially the Dallmayr, Buondi, Nesquik, Bonka & Sical cups. Those were all purchased from Amazon. Don't know what is sold locally as ours were set to reorder monthly or bi-monthly, depending on the flavor.

Mike

Jegs
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: K-Cup Coffee Makers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mrs Jegs here....We've also gone through multiple Keurig machines. Last year we replaced with the Hamilton Beach Flexbrew, and I LOVE it! So far so good, no issues or complaints. I really like the idea that I can brew full pots of coffee for Mr. and I in the morning, or a single K-cup just for myself. Definitely a good product up to this point; hope I haven't just jinxed myself.

WNYBill
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: K-Cup Coffee Makers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

MJMJ I apologize, but my first post never appeared on my computer..... would you be so kind as to tell me a if anybody answered?

Sounds to me as if others have the same problem as I have. Going to look into the Dolce Gusto.

Thank you all.

Bill

c.oawright
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: K-Cup Coffee Makers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-WNYBill wrote:
(quoted from post at 09:23:47 10/16/20) Our Keurig doesn't make uniform cups of coffee, 6oz to 10oz, supposed to make 10oz cups. We clean the needles and the reservoir with vinegar, works right for a day or a week or a month. Disgusted with Keurig, but like the convivence of single cups. Thinking about Hamilton Beach. Looking for suggestions.

Bunn.. Have used the same one for 10 years so far. Was out of town for 4 days and was I glad to see the Bunn.

c.oawright
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: K-Cup Coffee Makers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

PS..Hard water will ruin any coffee maker.

MJMJ
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: K-Cup Coffee Makers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-WNYBill wrote:
(quoted from post at 09:17:42 10/17/20) MJMJ I apologize, but my first post never appeared on my computer..... would you be so kind as to tell me a if anybody answered?

Sounds to me as if others have the same problem as I have. Going to look into the Dolce Gusto.

Thank you all.

Bill

Yes, about the same amount of replies as this one. Though a few got off track and had nothing to do with your question. But hard water is your problem, not the brand. Ive had several, they all have problems with hard water. Frequent cleanings or a water softener are the only way to fix the issue.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters