Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Massey 760 brochure

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GreenEnvy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject: Massey 760 brochure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got this brochure off of eBay. Its the initial brochure for the 760. We had a later silver cab 760 that was one of the last ones made right before the 860.

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Massey 760 brochure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Big combine in 72...must have been bigger than the competition. Not many 8 row machines then.

wore out
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Massey 760 brochure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

He's the '78 760 I used to own combining oil sunflowers.

GreenEnvy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Massey 760 brochure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-casecollectorsc wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:40:11 09/20/20) Big combine in 72...must have been bigger than the competition. Not many 8 row machines then.

Thats an understatement. No combine came close. IH, JD, and Gleaner had 8 row machines but they really should have been only 6 row at least compared to the 760.

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Massey 760 brochure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We had a 750 with yellow wheels and cab

mudcreek183
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 760 brochure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Back in the day in my area if you had a 6 row machine and 2.5 ton grain truck you were a big man in farming most if they were lucky were running 4 row machines and gravity wagons.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 760 brochure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I put some hours on a couple 760's for a custom cutter,, they had the V-8 and hydro's 24' hdr's they were not super fast but did do a decent enough job, produced a decent sample and did not crack and spit out grain like some other brands are known for here we had to blow out the radiators and alts every day to keep them cooling and working,, they also had a Murphy safety shutdown if they got too hot,, the new TR70 we got in in 1976 had a 22' hdr and would run past the 760's but that was a lot of time between a 72 and 76 machine for sure,, I always liked running the 760's

GreenEnvy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 760 brochure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ours was a belt drive with inline Perkins 354. We could have got a 30ft header with ours but decided to get the 24ft because of the hills. Later on we wished we would have gotten the 30ft header. We could keep two trucks busy just 3 miles from the bins. Two dumps on each truck and only cutting 25-30 bpa wheat which was the normal at the time.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 760 brochure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

we had White tandem axle grain trucks,, I do not know how many dumps they held now but they had a big box on them,, 7-800 at least if I am thinking right,, our average here in the 70's was 35 or a little better, a 50 bushel crop was a banner year, these sure liked their dsl fuel,, they were smoking a trail of black when we had their bellies full from the stack all day, I put two tubes of grease every day through a gun on each machine a day,, they would have been a bit over loaded in the grain here much of the time with 30' heads as i could push them beyond with the 24' most days/crops pretty easy,, the owners ran corn and milo in the fall also they were from OK

fdt860
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 760 brochure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you for the pictures!

Brochure said " you can dump rocks from the cab". I have never seen that on 760 and 860, but I have not been around many early o es except the number one, that I saw and drove in OK during 2013.

G706
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 760 brochure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is ours running this summer.

wore out
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 760 brochure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

GreenEnvy wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:50:14 09/20/20)
CVPost-casecollectorsc wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:40:11 09/20/20) Big combine in 72...must have been bigger than the competition. Not many 8 row machines then.

Thats an understatement. No combine came close. IH, JD, and Gleaner had 8 row machines but they really should have been only 6 row at least compared to the 760.

"No combine came close."

What year did the White 9700 come out?

They were sure some straw eating machines!

OleIronKyle53
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Massey 760 brochure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1984 I believe with a 250 HP 640 cu in Perkins V8 and a 265 bu grain tank.
Brochures are on eBay reasonably priced.

fdt860
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 760 brochure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That brochure was made before cup holders. One had to stop for coffee breaks. You said we progressed?

I have a scan of the Tx 903 brochure...

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters