Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Re: Oliver 1265 won''''t start after bleeding / inj

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver 1265 won''''t start after bleeding / inj Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is a long shot, but is the return line to the tank plugged? I can tell you first hand, those Fiats are the hardest tractor to start after running them out of fuel that were ever built, but as a general rule, once they fire, the air is generally all out and the process is over.

Voilier
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver 1265 won''''''''t start after bleedi Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Rrlund.

The return line is plugged.

I tried bleed it again. The point I reached: at full speed, the engine starts, but will not make more than 500 rpm. And if less speed, no fuel to the injectors and the engine dies.

So, my hypothesis is that I somehow misplaced the stopper or the plate, in the injection pump cover. I am going to reopen it now, and see if this may be the issue.

I'll keep you posted.

Voilier
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver 1265 won''''''''''''''''t st Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So, I did open the injection pump cover, made sure everything is in order, and i'm quite sure it is the case (I did watch the Bundy Bear video on the matter). Bled it again, and same result...

Engine starts at full speed, but won't go over 500 rpm, and if I give less gas, there is not enough fuel going to the injectors and it dies... It's a pain.

Thank you all for your help and insights.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 1265 won''''t start after bleeding / inj Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just got to thinking about something. In the other post, you said it had been sitting for a year. Is the intake plugged by any chance?
Maybe a mouse or mud dobber nest? I left a diesel tractor sitting outside the shop one night with the hood off and I put a plastic
coffee can over the intake. I forgot to take it off when I stated it the next morning and it acted pretty much like you describe.

derwen1959
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver 1265 won''''t start after bleeding / inj Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lift pump??

Voilier
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 1265 won''''''''t start after bleedi Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-derwen1959 wrote:
(quoted from post at 04:15:52 10/10/20) Lift pump??

Thanks rrlund, and thanks derwen,

Intake: I will remove the air filter to double-check. I had to remove it to remove the battery (another story...), but I put a bag to cover the intake (and I did remove it when reinstalling). But maybe a mouse got in anyway. Thing is, I was told that the exhaust smoke would have been black if air was missing. Which is not the case. Plus, I can see there is an issue with the fuel coming to the injector: when the lines are open, it is only at full speed that the fuel is spurting. That is why I don't think intake is the issue. But your comment convinced me to take a look anyway.

Lift pump: with my father, it has been one of the theory, so we removed it, and realized it seemed to be working properly. And if I pump it enough, fuel is going back in the tank through the return line. Is it possible that it is, nonetheless, not working properly?

GarryinNC
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 1265 won''''''''t start after bleedi Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just wondering if you changed the fuel filter and if it uses a Wix 33166 filter element like is used by most Fords and Massey Fergusons?

Garry

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Restoration and Repair Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters