Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Anyone Farmed w-AC All Crop?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill VA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject: Anyone Farmed w-AC All Crop? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Anyone farm with an Allis Chalmers All Crop harvester back in the day? If so, which model, what tractor did you pull it with, what crops did you harvest and how many acres?

Just curious.

Thanks!
Bill

ps - below is a link to an AC promotional video you might find interesting.
All Crop

DeltaSteve
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone Farmed w-AC All Crop? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I used a #60 all crop on '86 on pinto beans.Did a good job but was slow as it could only handle 2 rows.Pulled it with a 706.

dahlin
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone Farmed w-AC All Crop? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was the bagger on one I don't remember the model but i remember it was a hot dirty dusty job not much fun. this was back in 1960 some thing. Randy

dahlin
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone Farmed w-AC All Crop? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was the bagger on one I don't remember the model but i remember it was a hot dirty dusty job not much fun. this was back in 1960 some thing. We were combining oats Randy

Bruce from Can.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:51 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone Farmed w-AC All Crop? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a 72 and it worked real good, got greedy and sold it so I could buy a 90. Big mistake!! The 72, only 6 foot cut, had a larger/longer cylinder to run the crop through. Compared to the 90, with its huge 7 1/2 foot cutter bar, only had half the cylinder width for the crop to travel through, and it would tolerate absolutely no green stuff. I pulled them both with a IH 584 tractor . I was doing 25-30 acres per year. Moved up to a AC K with a 10 foot head, and thought nothing of doing 100 acres with it. This was 30 years ago, so all of these machines were old when I got them.

caterpillar guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone Farmed w-AC All Crop? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dad had a 66 that got traded in 63 for a Gleaner E with a 12 foot head. Boy was that a big head in it's day. They even worried about whether the hills would be a problem. Then we got a 7720 with 25 foot flex head and never looked back. Pulled the 66 with an IHC H combine had it's own engine.

M Nut
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone Farmed w-AC All Crop? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

AC 66 used for oats. Pulled it initially with a WD45, but the 170 actually worked better with its high and low range transmission.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone Farmed w-AC All Crop? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We had a 40 then a 60 we used on the farm mostly for oats and wheat.Pulled the 40 with an AC B and then the 60 with an AC WD both combines did a good job.No job quite like bagging on a combine.Think barley was the worst.

Mike(NEOhio)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone Farmed w-AC All Crop? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Father in law had a 60, worked good but S L O w. Pulled it with a COOP E3 in wheat and oats for feed and not every year. He spent $400 on new canvases and ended up selling it for $200 about two years later when he got out of milking.

chcase
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone Farmed w-AC All Crop? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My dad owned two 60 machines. Pulled with ih h tractor.2nd machine was bought new.He did all the local oats for years and owned a model 24 mounted ih picker so he opened up all the neighborhood corn fields.Still have both out in the trees.

Richard G.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone Farmed w-AC All Crop? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Uncles used a 60, then a 66 and moved up to a 72.
I remember riding those sacker combines in the 50's.
I pulled the 72 a bunch with a JD A.
I used it on soybeans and fescue seed.
You could cut forever in fescue and never get the bin full.
I have a 40 with new curtains I made and new threshing bars I put in it.
Got it from GarryinNC.
Got a parts 40 given to me by Traditional Farmer in VA.
Richard in NW SC

greg oliver
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone Farmed w-AC All Crop? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bill I borrowed my neighbors All Crop 66 for my oats. That was over 30 years ago and I do remember using our Oliver 1555. Oats was what I used it for and it did a pretty good job. I saw the old 66 hauled to the scrap yard when I was working on the foundation for their new tractor shed. Some of my 1555 parts were lost in the fire that destroyed the old shed. Still have the 1555 just can’t be all original again.

fastfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone Farmed w-AC All Crop? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My friend Loren, loves combines, he's got about 12, old and very good condition, in 2017 he had about 90 acres of wheat,so he had a combine day, they served dinner at 12:00, and started them all and proceded to thresh wheat, I furnished my tractor on his pull type PTO Case,and the other pull type he's got is a Allis 66,he had his D-15 on that. The first time i had ever been around that Allis, with rubber cylinder bars, but hands down he did the best job,It was so clean you could put it in drill for seed, they all got straight cut on them,about 75 bushel per acres crop! We all duped into a gravity box, and augered it to the semi !!

centash
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone Farmed w-AC All Crop? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dad had a 60 and a 66. I remember the white 'sack men's we used to patch the canvas . Pulled it with a 33 MH Diesel, harvested mixed grain and wheat. It did have an unloading anger, dad had one small v bin us kids unloaded as he combined.

Ben

NEKS
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone Farmed w-AC All Crop? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My Uncle had a all crop and pulled it with a 35 Ferguson. It had its own AC engine.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters