Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

6700 ford problem HELP!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NHbalerman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:00 pm    Post subject: 6700 ford problem HELP! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am trying to put a clutch in my 6700 with a cab and dual power I have done this several times all my life but this one is giving me a hard time. I cant get it to come apart!! Taken out the 2 bolts on top,the 2 on bottom 2 on each side the staeter and the one that holds the inspection cover,The clutch is bad it wont move so I thought maybe the pressure plate is in a bind so going through the starter hole take the pressure plate loose disconnected the clutch pedal can wiggle the pressure plate and this thing will not move except maybe a sixteenth of a inch up and down on the jacks trying to get it to loosen up,I have never had this problem before can someone give me some advice I need to get this tractor back in the field we are tryin to finish up haying. Thanks

Destroked 450
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 6700 ford problem HELP! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Possibly the input shaft stuck the the pipe lot bearing

Bern
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 6700 ford problem HELP! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Seen it before, the input shaft is seized to the pilot bearing. You have no choice but to force it apart with jacks. BTDT.

NHbalerman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 6700 ford problem HELP! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks guys guess I will try to rig it up with some jacks and see what I can do

NHbalerman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: 6700 ford problem HELP! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can you tell me howto put the jacks in there been trying to figure how todo it. Thanks

Bern
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: 6700 ford problem HELP! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was afraid you'd ask that....the cab is going to make this more difficult.

On a less-cab tractor, you'll need eight, 4-6" long, 3/4" NC bolts. Screw them into the front bolster as well as the front transmission casting holes. Put some 6x6 or 4x4 wood blocking up against the bolts as necessary to get a bottle jack in between them, and start pumping.

With a cab, you'll likely need something much longer to push off the rear axle, like say an 8' long, 4x4 fence post. One on each side of course.

Alternatively, if you have the engine to transmission case cracked open already, start driving some big chisels between the mating surfaces. Those, along with some big pry bars, should get it done.

NHbalerman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: 6700 ford problem HELP! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Bern I will do that

NHbalerman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: 6700 ford problem HELP! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok I did what you said with the bolts and pressure on one side and hit the back side of flywheel and it popped loose. Bern you de man!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters