Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

cub cadet info wanted

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael V (NM)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:58 pm    Post subject: cub cadet info wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

howdfy folks
I just got this cub cadet and would like to know a few things. it has a Koler engine, 7HP decal on the fuel tank
where is the model/serial number? is there a chart to tell what year it is?
I need a cog belt for the mower deck, how do I find the right one?

I think it will clean up and buff out really nice, it starts and runs good, cept the belt that drives the transmission needs an adjustment or replaced, it slips...
TIA

steve_in_mo
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: cub cadet info wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There are a couple of Cub Cadet websites.
With a 7 hp engine and no model designation,
you probably have what is now called a Cub Cadet Original.

https://www.ccspecialties.org/websites.html
https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php

T.R.K.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: cub cadet info wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What you have is the 'original' or first model Cub Cadet. It has no model tag. There is a serial number stamped on the transmission (or the adapter casting)

To tighten that belt, you loosen the three bolts that support the clutch assembly and move the clutch shaft downward until the belt tightens. Not banjo tight, though. I am thinking it is a 31" x 3/8 belt.

It looks like a pretty good condition 'Original' with fenders and the original air cleaner.

Michael V (NM)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: cub cadet info wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks for the info, so,, what is the first year?, I did see the number stamped on the "adapter" housing on the RH side.
I figured there was a way to tighten the belt, I just didn't look real hard....

yes, its in really good original condition,,,, I think it will clean up really well,, I might even try to polish it up a bit..

DoubleO7
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: cub cadet info wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If that has never been restored since new, it is indeed in very good shape.
What is the serial number?
They were built 1961 to 1963, with just over 59,000 built.

Tell us the story of obtaining it and any history of it that you know.

Your in New Mexico?

Any vintage Cub Cadet is kind of a rare find west of Kansas.

The guys at Only Cub Cadets .com will be envious for sure.

Michael V (NM)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: cub cadet info wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

this was an estate auction find in the TX panhandle,, I'm in northeast NM

I believe it is still all original, not restored, except for the air cleaner repaint

SN stamped on the trans adapter, 31182

It could be for sale

it starts and runs great, idles smooth, just needs a cog belt on the mower deck, the throttle and choke cable are kinda stiff,, but do work

DR. EVIL
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: cub cadet info wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Website IH CUB CADET.COM has all the operators manuals on line, you can print them out. I thought Only Cub Cadets locked the door ten-fifteen years ago! It was mostly made up of guys that didn't like the rules enforced on IH CC.com. Charlie who owns Cub Cadet Specialties is the largest Cub Cadet parts dealer in the US, per Cub Cadet. Charlie did own IH Cub Cadet . com for 10-15 yrs too.
There will be instructions on how to tighten the clutch drive belt, and the toothed belt on the mower deck in the owners manual. Don't run that toothed belt too tight, you want it to slip a tooth or two if you hit something.
The oil bath air cleaners on that model CC were terrible, it was the only model CC with the oil bath cleaner. They leak dirty air in all over the place. The dry pleated filter housings screw right on and actually work.
I'd still bet that tractor & mower were carefully repainted sometime in the past 57 to 59 years. IH Louisville didn't paint those little tractors the best, Dad bought a new '63 Original and traded it for a new '65 model 70, both had terrible paint jobs right from the factory.

R Bedell
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:35 am    Post subject: Re: cub cadet info wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

DR. EVIL:

The website you are thinking of is the ole IH Registrty.

OnlyCubCadets.net is alive, well, and thriving.

el6147
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: cub cadet info wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have the both the mower belts , email is open

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters