Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Calm Before The Storm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:08 am    Post subject: Calm Before The Storm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its absolutely beautiful right now but the weatherman says we are going to get 12"-18" inches of the white stuff tomorrow - YUCK!!! I hate plowing snow!!!

Mother Nature left me a couple dead ash earlier this month and I decided to use this as an excuse to clean them up and stage the firewood by the porch. At least we will be cozy Wink

TOH

TractorTucker
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Calm Before The Storm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Interesting color for a Ford there.

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Calm Before The Storm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We are just below the ice line I hope, I have to be in Pinehurst in the morning @ 5:45 to prep for a heart catheterization... All that Potted meat is catching up with me...

My project for today get it out and apart I spec I will be down till Monday.

TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Calm Before The Storm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hobo,NC wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:52:44 12/15/20)
We are just below the ice line I hope, I have to be in Pinehurst in the morning @ 5:45 to prep for a heart catheterization... All that Potted meat is catching up with me...

Heck no - just a little tube up a blood vessel. You will be back in the shop toot sweet!! Take care and lay off the potted meat and Dukes Wink I'll send you a picture of the white stuff so you will know what you missed.....

TOH

Den N Ms
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Calm Before The Storm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hobo,I hope every thing goes ok with your heart cauterization.Also that you get back a goin soon.Will say a prayer for ya.Good luck with it!

Bruce(VA)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Calm Before The Storm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you had cut that potted meat & Dukes w/ PBR, you'd get better mileage out of those arteries!

Best wishes on the heart repair job.

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Calm Before The Storm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Guys I hope to be home tomorrow afternoon. I spec I will be put on light duty for the rest of the week... I did not get it apart I became right popular with inspections and such... : (

Thank the lord Ford did not use this exhaust manifold set up on a N It always takes hours to get the manifolds off without breaking the bolts...

BTW I did buy new under-ware for the show... : )

a32vickyhotrod
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Calm Before The Storm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hobo,NC wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:47:29 12/15/20)

It always takes hours to get the manifolds off without breaking the bolts...

BTW I did buy new under-ware for the show... : )

I didn't know removing those bolts without breaking them was even possible. Wink

I'm sure the show will be a big hit!

PatrickB
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Calm Before The Storm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I envy you getting that much snow Hokie. I've been chained up and ready to go for a month. We're getting missed again.

Good luck tomorrow Hobo.

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Calm Before The Storm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I dunno why I spent the time I am not gonna use them I have a set ready to do on... TOH my weather man says you may get 20"...

8NChris
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Calm Before The Storm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hobo,NC wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:58:11 12/15/20)
I dunno why I spent the time I am not gonna use them I have a set ready to do on... TOH my weather man says you may get 20"...

67 or up heads there. There was a couple of 1966 C6XX odd duck castings with the smaller intake ports and that combustion chamber. Light thumb print there. That chamber makes a nice 67cc pocket with a shave. What size is the engine?

Jock(OR)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Calm Before The Storm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I overhauled a 352 FE engine 45 years ago, and that was enough for me. I'm
reassembling a 7.5L (460 EFI) engine in my service/crane truck now that blew a
head gasket. I find the EGR and thermactor system is worse than the FE exhaust
manifolds! I got all the manifold bolts/studs out of the heads without damaging
any threads in the heads, or breaking any studs! I did leave the exhaust
manifolds on the heads when I removed them. That made things easier.

8NChris
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Calm Before The Storm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I always liked how the StreetMaster did. Is that what is on the table? I had three of them at one time. For what I set up the StreetMaster without the update did well on my 3.5" stroke engines and the one with the corners cut out did well on the 3.78" and 3.98" stroke. Traded my Port-O-Sonic for my first StreetMaster. It woke up the 390 on the bottom but didn't loose up top. FE is a good engine with well rounded usage.

8NChris
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Calm Before The Storm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Jock(OR) wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:44:15 12/15/20) I overhauled a 352 FE engine 45 years ago, and that was enough for me. I'm
reassembling a 7.5L (460 EFI) engine in my service/crane truck now that blew a
head gasket. I find the EGR and thermactor system is worse than the FE exhaust
manifolds! I got all the manifold bolts/studs out of the heads without damaging
any threads in the heads, or breaking any studs! I did leave the exhaust
manifolds on the heads when I removed them. That made things easier.
On an FE it is best to have the top exhaust bolts flush or a thread below the ear. When the bolt is too long the rust and build up get pulled through the ear and at times will crack or break the ears off. When the bolts break you can weld a nut onto what is left. The heat swells the bolt and crushes the rust thus freeing it up. Sometimes you have to blow them out with a torch. There is a popular candle wax trick I have not tried yet.

8NChris
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Calm Before The Storm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hobo,NC wrote:
(quoted from post at 09:52:44 12/15/20)

Oh, cast iron intake. I see the tower on the back of #4 runner.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters