Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

JD color

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregjo1948
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:17 am    Post subject: JD color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did John Deere ever paint any model blue and white? thank you, gregjo1948

Dan in Ohio
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: JD color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, if you consider patio garden tractors.

Pretty hard to see in my photo but they did make a blue and white patio garden tractor.

ROME/NE.IA.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: JD color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I used to work at the J.D. assembly plant in Waterloo, Ia. I do remember a small number of blue tractors being built for the U.S. government. Air Force as I recall. They were some
model of the 7000 series. Probably in the mid 1990"s. Not sure about all of this any more but I think that the paint line had to be changed over to this color and then return to the
usual J.D. green after the special order build. Again, not being totally sure but it seems that eventually a small town paint shop near-by was awarded contract to paint tractors of
special order color. This blue color was a very pretty color, kind of a royal blue. A good looking tractor, for sure.

gregjo1948
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: JD color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Rome/NE.IA. wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:55:23 01/11/21) I used to work at the J.D. assembly plant in Waterloo, Ia. I do remember a small number of blue tractors being built for the U.S. government. Air Force as I recall. They were some
model of the 7000 series. Probably in the mid 1990"s. Not sure about all of this any more but I think that the paint line had to be changed over to this color and then return to the
usual J.D. green after the special order build. Again, not being totally sure but it seems that eventually a small town paint shop near-by was awarded contract to paint tractors of
special order color. This blue color was a very pretty color, kind of a royal blue. A good looking tractor, for sure.

Wish you could post a picture of that machine. Maybe if you could remember the model, I could research the internet and find it. Thanks for your info.

Dan in Ohio
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: JD color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Greg.

If I may ask why did you specify blue and white? John Deere did paint some custom colors as I have another photo of an original 430
that was painted red.

DR. EVIL
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: JD color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The story I heard back around 1961-1965 was an attourney who worked for Deere needed a riding mower for his HUGE front yard. Finally in frustration he bought an original 1961-1963 vintage Cub Cadet to mow with. Guy poured a concrete pad right at the corner of his huge farm house to show off his Cub Cadet. He did have the IH dealer paint the Cub Cadet green, things like the hood, left most of the chassis yellow. His front yard was always nicely trimmed and mowed, but I never saw him mowing when we went by. WE had the exact same model Cub Cadet that I mowed with, but was standard IH yellow/white paint job. The house was on US Route 6 first house west of the Interstate 80 exit on south side of the road.

gregjo1948
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: JD color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Dan in Ohio wrote:
(quoted from post at 00:18:55 01/12/21) Greg.

If I may ask why did you specify blue and white? John Deere did paint some custom colors as I have another photo of an original 430
that was painted red.

A friend said that JD made blue and white tractors but, I said they didn't. I don't consider lawn machines tractors.

fdt860
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: JD color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you repaint a Deere with cheapest lowest quality paint, and leave tractor out, you will have a blueish and whiteishvtractor.

K Effective
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: JD color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My neighbor has L/LA in four factory colors (green, yellow, orange and red) and a 3020 from the Navy in a dark gray. The 3020 has an electromagnet for sweeping the deck of an aircraft carrier. Original brass tags list US government ID numbers, etc.

Air Force blue and white would be very attractive, in my mind. I missed on an auction surplus GMC Astro semi tractor in AF blue/white last year.

Dan in Ohio
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: JD color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Greg,

According to the May-June 2020 issue of TWO-CYLINDER magazine a retired Deere executive once claimed they did paint a few tractors
Nevada flag blue and white, see page 8.

Winchester1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: JD color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Back when Dubuque built tractors they would custom paint various colors. I saw above somebody saw Waterloo tractors painted blue. It had to
be a special deal. I have been retired from Waterloo for 5 years but during my tenure they sent tractors out to an automotive shop for
custom colors.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters