Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Check valve questions again

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject: Check valve questions again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When drilling the fitting am I supposed to drill to a depth of
.650 ?

Wisconsin Cowman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Check valve questions again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would think you would have to drill deeper then .650” because he has the hole tapped to the depth of .650".

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Check valve questions again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I’m going to take it the machine shop hopefully he can figure it out

Wisconsin Cowman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Check valve questions again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

He probably drilled it about a 1.00” if he stopped at .200 and tapped it .805”. Going by his numbers he has typed up.

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Check valve questions again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The valve measures about an inch and 410 thousandths so I don’t know what the numbers are he has . I don’t have a drill press or a bit

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Check valve questions again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The valve measures .769 diameter so that doesn’t fit .850 either . I’m not doing the work anyway

Cliff Nelson
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Check valve questions again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I drill them all the way to the intersecting hole as the original service bulletin states. Tap deep enough for the valve seat to thread in to the shoulder.

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Check valve questions again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just ask my dealer if he had any instructions

wore out
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Check valve questions again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-svcummins wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:16:45 01/11/21) I just ask my dealer if he had any instructions

The instructions in your first post make perfect sense to me and you say you are having a machine shop guy do it, dunno why there'd be any issues, IMHO.

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: Check valve questions again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I’ve had the shop do quite a few little jobs like this and they
are cheaper than buying the bit so that’s where it will go

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: Check valve questions again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where do you find anything that matches up with .650 or .
850?

wore out
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: Check valve questions again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-svcummins wrote:
(quoted from post at 02:41:41 01/12/21) Where do you find anything that matches up with .650 or .
850?

That's the depth to which you run the tap down into the fitting.

I suspect you can get by with the lesser depth if using a bottoming tap to finish vs. using a "plug tap".

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: Check valve questions again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-svcummins wrote:
(quoted from post at 04:41:41 01/12/21) Where do you find anything that matches up with .650 or .
850?

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Check valve questions again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That makes sense . Now I just need to get it off and take it up
and let them do it . The dealer is sending a copy of the service
bulletin then I can take that with the parts

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Check valve questions again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks it all makes sense now . I just hate dropping
something off with no idea what needs done

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters