Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Case Ingersol 222

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LotsaRocks
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:51 am    Post subject: Case Ingersol 222 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm trying to find a brake band or where I can get my old one realigned for a 1976 Case Ingersol 222 Garden Tractor.

J Hamilton
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Case Ingersol 222 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There's a listing on ebay. Its pricey

daisyman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Case Ingersol 222 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't know whether you can still get it or not, but when I wanted to reline the brake band on my John Deere 60 garden tractor, I went to my Agco dealer, and they had a really good parts man, and he brought out some lining, I think, for an AC tractor, maybe a WD or WC. I cut it lengthwise, which was enough for 2 and glued it on my old band. I think I had to thin it up a bit on my belt sander before I put it on. They might have been something obsolete they had laying around, but it would be worth a try.
Irv

TomIn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Case Ingersol 222 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It looks like M & D Mower and appliance sells part C29938 (just the lining) for your brake band for $17.66.

25405 Broadway Ave., Unit 4, Oakwood Village, OH 44146
Email: Sales@M-and-D.com
VOICE: Toll Free 866-914-1252

McMaster-Carr sells brake and clutch linings in various sizes.

I have no idea of what kind of adhesive to use.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Case Ingersol 222 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

just so you know ingersol had absolutely nothing to do with your 1976 CASE Compact, Case sold the Compact division to them in 1983

Blackhole49
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Case Ingersol 222 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Interesting, when I sold my 1979 446 in 1996, the brake was like new. Probably only used it a half a
dozen times in 17 years. I used the re-tart position when going down hill and on flat ground it
would stop when I moved the lever to neutral. Yours must be quite the freewheeler.

LotsaRocks
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Case Ingersol 222 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-TomIn wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:51:14 01/04/21) It looks like M & D Mower and appliance sells part C29938 (just the lining) for your brake band for $17.66.

25405 Broadway Ave., Unit 4, Oakwood Village, OH 44146
Email: Sales@M-and-D.com
VOICE: Toll Free 866-914-1252

McMaster-Carr sells brake and clutch linings in various sizes.

I have no idea of what kind of adhesive to use.

Thanks a lot. I ordered it. And no I have a great new source for parts, etc.

CKain(MI)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Case Ingersol 222 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Case manual states, the brake is a 'parking brake'. Travel Control, reverse is the real brake...

LotsaRocks
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Case Ingersol 222 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Case Nutty 1660 wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:35:48 01/05/21) just so you know ingersol had absolutely nothing to do with your 1976 CASE Compact, Case sold the Compact division to them in 1983

Just so you know, I get parts for my 1976 Case from Ingersol: Case Ingersol. Thanks for the advice.

LotsaRocks
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Case Ingersol 222 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wouldn't be able to tell you how mine was used in the past. I bought it on January 3, 2021.

L.Fure
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: Case Ingersol 222 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

LotsaRocks wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:39:14 01/10/21)
CVPost-Case Nutty 1660 wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:35:48 01/05/21) just so you know ingersol had absolutely nothing to do with your 1976 CASE Compact, Case sold the Compact division to them in 1983

Just so you know, I get parts for my 1976 Case from Ingersol: Case Ingersol. Thanks for the advice.

This is my go to parts source. Bill is really great to deal with.
http://www.barneveldimplement.com/parts---accessories.html

WGM
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Case Ingersol 222 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Barneveld and Salem Power are the only two I would consider getting my Case/Ingersoll parts from. Both are very knowledgable and great to work with.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters