Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

53 TO30 # 107732

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1Rustic1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:19 am    Post subject: 53 TO30 # 107732 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is a 500 dollar "drove it on the trailer" tractor. Nothing to write home about as you can see. Call this one "eveready", had a rough life but refuses to die.
Clutch sticks"engaged" , pto won't lower, and bleeds oil at rear seal. Engine and tires are why I bought it but I hate to scrap it out. Basic tune up and cleaned up the ole marvel is about all it needed to purrr like a kitten . A good tug w the handcrank is all it takes.

Bruce(OR)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: 53 TO30 # 107732 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I drug home a neighbors non~running 8N for $500 with a back blade. I sold the blade, it would have been #2 in my collection, got the 8N
running, it still needs work, and eventually should get a brush hog on it.
That would be a tough decision to part it out but then again it would get sold off in parts fast enough. I have a Fergy TO-20(?) that needs
parting and in far, far worse condition. My near month old new right knee is not quite letting me get around yet.
What part of the country are you in?

1Rustic1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: 53 TO30 # 107732 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm in Carthage Tn.

Have a 50 also, D.O.A. Still 6volt though.

For some silly reason I enjoy the thrill of the hunt and satisfaction of patching up a ole heap with what I can find laying around. This one was easy, it ran and it found me.
Gives the wife something to complain about.

Bruce(OR)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 53 TO30 # 107732 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The wife let me drag home too many toys and some have become yard art to a high degree. Yes, time to clean up some of these toys. Last fergy I drug home with some really bad turf tires, still hold air though and front wheel weights. Beyond that was not much.
The very last tractor, being an 8N, I drug home has the rear weights. Think I am done for some time to come.
New knee and I am pretty useless for another 2, call it 3 months at least before I should even think about getting down on the ground kneeling for anything.
Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, at least they should find you handy.
Keep your stick on the ice.
Good night!

Papa J
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 53 TO30 # 107732 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Been trying to crank start my '54. any tips?

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters