Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

low oil pressure

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
woodbutcher
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: low oil pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am getting close to time for an oil change. That may be part of the problem.

woodbutcher
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: low oil pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that feature. I'm using synthetic oil, too. Thanks.

Butch

Carlmac 369
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: low oil pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-dr sportster wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:41:23 01/14/21) If the GMC is anything like a Chevrolet that is normal Nothing is wrong.

A GMC is exactly like a Chevrolet. Trim and badges excepted.

woodbutcher
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: low oil pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My BIL says the same thing, but he says they tighten all the bolts on the GMC's.

woodbutcher
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: low oil pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The number has me confused, Sprint. I ordered two Wix 57045XP from Amazon, and I hope I didn't make a mistake. All the Wix charts call for Wix 57060 on this pickup. Will the 57045 work?

Butch

Hdonly
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: low oil pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

GMC trucks have lockwashers. Chevrolet trucks don't.

Carlmac 369
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: low oil pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-woodbutcher wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:08:20 01/15/21) The number has me confused, Sprint. I ordered two Wix 57045XP from Amazon, and I hope I didn't make a mistake. All the Wix charts call for Wix 57060 on this pickup. Will the 57045 work?

Butch

Doesn't look like it will.

https://www.wixfilters.com/Lookup/PartApplications.aspx?Part=57045XP

Jeff NWOH
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: low oil pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

57045 is a longer oil filter than original. It will fit fine, and presumably will have more filter media in it. I use them on my 5.3 and 6.0.

DoubleO7
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: low oil pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you have only been looking at the dash oil pressure gauge that has no numbers, how is it you came up with the numbers you posted??
You might be worrying about nothing.

A real mechanical gauge might even show higher pressure than recommended.

woodbutcher
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: low oil pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The stock gauge has a 40 centered on it with lines that divide the rest of the face into equal spaces. It's just a guess as to what the actual reading would be. Yes,
a mechanical gauge would be more accurate.

Butch

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters