Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Compact snow removal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:05 am    Post subject: Compact snow removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We got the most snow for the winter so far a couple days ago,, I have not moved a flake of snow with anything bigger than my CASE Compacts so far,, guessing 3 plus inches fell,, it was nice and wet at least
cnt

I have a sidewalk I keep clean for my 90 year old uncle to use to feed the birds he likes to watch I have to use this 222 to clean as the 444 has a 54" blade and I can't fit between the planters where the walk runs so I have the 38" blower on the 222

Blackhole49
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Compact snow removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

These are my snow removal toys. So far only used the blade twice in SE MI. Me, once to test and set the shoes before heading to FL. My son once to get the hang of. Both times wasn't really necessary.

J Hamilton
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Compact snow removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a Deere similar to that, mine is a F935. I would love to get a blade for it. Or a blade for my 224 Case

TractorTucker
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Compact snow removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I want one! Unfortunately, I never see Case compacts on my local Craigslist and the ones I do see cost more than a full sized tractor.

J Hamilton
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Compact snow removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There's a 444 in Southern Illinois Craigslist, but they want $1400 for it! It looks good but that's a little steep in my opinion

TractorTucker
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Compact snow removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would be happy if I could find one without an engine for a couple hundred. Of course, right now I have several other projects to finish before dragging home anything new.

J Hamilton
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Compact snow removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought a 110 for $75 and it ran, traded an Allis Chalmers 314 for Case 224 even trade.

Blackhole49
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Compact snow removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The blade for it cost more than the tractor. I paid $1,300 for the tractor in Jan. 2020. The blade was a leftover 2018 (still in the crate) 72" for a BX series Kubota.

Blackhole49
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Compact snow removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a cab I was going to put on my 1145. I was made for a 935 and now I'm not sure I want it on the tractor.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: Compact snow removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

These will do as much as some full sized tractors lol I gave more than twice that fro my 444,, it did come with a mower deck, tiller and snow blower,, and had pretty low hours,, the 222 has less than 25 hrs on when I got it,, they are not a cheap unit for sure,, these are full hyd drive not hydrostatic ,, I have a number of them,, we sold a good amount of these new every year
cnt

I had waited since 1971 to get one of these I finally got last year

J Hamilton
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Compact snow removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's the one I want! But from the prices I've seen I can buy a pretty decent 580 for the same price lol

L.Fure
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Compact snow removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I took an interest in Case/Ingersoll tractors after you posted pictures of yours a few years ago. I now own one 1978 444, a 85 224, and two 3014's. The attachments I accumulated are, two 54" front blades, tiller, Brinley one bottom plow,rear blade, and a Ingersoll yard trailer. I have a set of wheel weights on the 444, 224, and one of the 3014's. I used one of the 3014's with a front blade to clean up last nights snow. That one I call the Cadillac because the previous owner had put a Cadillac emblem on the front of the hood. I did have a nice 646, but didn't keep it very long. I sold it for cash and a nice tilt trailer I can haul my GT's on.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters