Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

TD 14

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grtrnd1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:20 pm    Post subject: TD 14 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello all. I was willed a 1944
TD14 from my grandfather. It is
a fairly solid dozer and hate to
see it sit. I have alot of work
that I could use it for and it
needs a starter and magneto.
Someone stole it before my
grandfather had it delivered. I
haven't looked for a mag yet. I
have a fairly new gas H4 that I
heard can be rebuilt to run
backward for diesel application
but I can't find a starter. It's
a 1944 and have been searching
online for a couple years and
can't find any starter anywhere.
Lots of old junkyards around me
sold out when junk went through
the roof. Anybody have one.of
these they'd like to sell?
Thanks in advance.

TGP
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: TD 14 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where you Located?
I might know where a Complete Gas/Diesel TD14 is sitting
With Bucyrus Erie Hyd. blade set up
Tom

grtrnd1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: TD 14 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Southeast Ohio

TGP
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: TD 14 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Machine in S IL near St Louis.
Let me look at it in a day or two if interested.
Parts will be heavy to ship.
Any chance for a road trip?
Probably a lot of parts you might want.

I know it's complete minus hood which is near by.
Tom

TomA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: TD 14 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do you have the crank?

J. Schwiebert
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: TD 14 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What do you call southeast Ohio?

grtrnd1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: TD 14 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No I do not have the crank. I've actually thought about trying to find one of those and starting by hand. Anything is better than nothing. I've got several old tractors that I start by hand, just not a gas over diesel

grtrnd1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: TD 14 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Alledonia Ohio, about 25 mile southwest of Wheeling, WV.

grtrnd1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: TD 14 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

For the right price, a road trip on a long weekend isn't that big of a deal to me.

TGP
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: TD 14 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Price will be right, especially if you remove what you want.
Getting to old to mess with the heavy stuff.
50 Yrs of wrenching on heavy equip. has taken it's toll.

Machine headed to scrap, I will have the scapper work around it for now.
Tom
catskinner10@aol.com

grtrnd1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: TD 14 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes I would definitely be
interested in the starter and
the magneto. Just let me know.
Maybe we can work something out
and make a future road trip.

TGP
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: TD 14 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I will look Monday and get a picture
Tom

DWF
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: TD 14 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I knew a guy that had a TD14A and when the starter went out he cranked it. It was a 2 or 3 foot bar with the cogs that fit in front of the Bucyrus Erie pump in front of the radiator. There was a big cap that he took off then you could see how the crank fit in. He only had to pull up a couple of times and it was running.
DWF

marloweg
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: TD 14 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ship with Fastenal the bolt CO. that have Blue line fright they are very good go on line and get a price

rustcollector
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: TD 14 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 4 cylinder diesel magneto that I would swap for your H4 with you paying shipping. Don't know that it is hot, but I think it can be with points work. If interested, email and I'll check it out.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters