Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Be it ever so humble....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcm.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:19 pm    Post subject: Be it ever so humble.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Puzzle: https://jigex.com/Q5cn

FBH44
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Be it ever so humble.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If that is trumpet vine growing up on the house, it might have been planted by the wife to brighten up her day. My
grandmother planted trumpet vine around our old smokehouse, and told the kids [my father and aunts] "Keep the chickens away
from my trumpet vine, they'll destroy it!" The stuff spread across our 40 acres and is still is spreading a hundred year
later.

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: Be it ever so humble.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Makes me think of a documentary we
watched years ago about abandoned
places. I thought it was called The
People in The Places... but I can't find
it online at PBS.

super99
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: Be it ever so humble.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like to need a herd of chickens to destroy it!!!

Richard G.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Be it ever so humble.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sure looks like the trumpet vine we have here.
Richard in NW SC

Richard G.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Be it ever so humble.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

At least it has a tin roof on it.
I see where the chimney was on what appears to be the kitchen on this side.
Richard

larbear
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Be it ever so humble.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Steel roof, nice investment back when. This house isn't too far off the road and low to the ground. You might wonder about a foundation? you have to respect times past,
who might have been there, family gatherings and such. We all have a history but in the greater scheme of things we might not be too much more than dust in the wind. I do
believe it all counts for something.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters