Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Saved a 930...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:12 pm    Post subject: Saved a 930... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Been working about a year to get this tractor. Got the deal done yesterday and went to get it today. Was almost ready to fall in a concrete ditch but winched it forward and aired the tire up. Nice weather today and a blizzard coming tomorrow....

Tgrasher
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Saved a 930... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good looking tractor, I'm envious that I can't find ones in that good of shape to restore. Looks like a fun one and a head turner at any show.

RBnWA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Saved a 930... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good looking 930. I'd take in a heart beat. RB

TractorTucker
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Saved a 930... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice looking one. What convinced the person to sell?

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Saved a 930... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The engine seems to be stuck after not being used for a couple years and a bad seam on the muffler stack. Pump rack is free so I will pull the injectors and see what we have.

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Saved a 930... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

But it will be put to work. My sprayer tractor doesn't have a cab so we will see how this works.

Moline_guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Saved a 930... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice 930, I like those cabs, do you have a twin to it beside the 4wd? Did you build that trailer, looks good? Dad built a stock trailer in the 70's with trailer house axles.

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Saved a 930... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The one behind is my son's 830 with a snowblower...I use a 930 propane with a snow
blower. Built the trailer in 1976 when money was scarce and used trailer house axles shortened up. Has done a good job all these years. You Dad and I are probably the same age group.

Moline_guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Saved a 930... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We know all about scarce money in the late 70's and 80's, tough times, ran a lot of hogs in those years, "mortgage menders" and "grocery getters" is what they were called around here. Dad was born in 46, he still on the farm he grew up on, I live about a mile west. First picture was first load for the trailer in the early 70's and second picture is mid 90's. Used it on and off after that, but switched to goosenecks for easier loading and didn't have to mess with loading the pickup with calves when we hauled pairs.

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Saved a 930... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Heckuva load on the truck and trailer! I was born in 48 and live a 1/2 mile west of my Dad's place. He sold out in 2000 and I bought a quarter of his. Sadly he and mom passed in 2012.

chuck machinist
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Saved a 930... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Steve I owe you a call, did you have to travel far for it? I should see the mag in a day or two for the DC -4 CM

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Saved a 930... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

20 miles I guess. One of the closer ones.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters