Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

5500 oil pressure sending unit connection

View previous topic :: View next topic  
motard
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:47 am    Post subject: 5500 oil pressure sending unit connection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You probably already know what Im talking about. Ive
searched but I still dont understand.
How do I connect the copper tube to the sensor? I read
somewhere theres an adapter but could someone help me
out?

wore out
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 5500 oil pressure sending unit connection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-motard wrote:

How do I connect the copper tube to the sensor?

You don't.

It's for an "idiot light" or electric gauge, NO copper tubing involved.

You can use a "Packard 56 series female connector and a matching "cover" to connect an electrical WIRE to it.

Note that the connector is flipped over from the way it would be inserted in it's cover/"body"/insulator.

https://www.americanautowire.com/shop/connector-housing-temperature-sender-con?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgtauqrLq7wIVNebjBx0IfQQYEAQYBSABEgKe3PD_BwE

ONE source for the connector.

motard
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 5500 oil pressure sending unit connection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great. Easy enough. Thank you. I was confused because there was an oil line type coming off the gauge behind the dash. Maybe no one ever hooked the new sensor up with a new gauge.

Destroked 450
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: 5500 oil pressure sending unit connection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with a 5500 model, does it have a factory oil pressure gauge or has someone added a aftermarket gauge.
The sender in the photo is for a factory warning light that is in the gauge cluster on most all ford tractors, does the 5500 have the cluster

motard
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: 5500 oil pressure sending unit connection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It has the factory gauge in the dash still. There are individual
gauges on the dash.
Where does the oil pressure hook to? I found the tube and
flare nut just hanging sort of near that sensor. Ive got
manuals but it doesnt really say where the oil pressure line
goes.
Thanks

Destroked 450
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 5500 oil pressure sending unit connection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm assuming you don't have a oil pressure warning light
The mechanical gauge's tube and feral connect to a fitting that goes in the same place that electric sender is at, you need to remove the sender and get the correct line fitting.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Restoration and Repair Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters