Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

FRONT WHEEL WEIGHTS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarB
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:17 pm    Post subject: FRONT WHEEL WEIGHTS Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi.. Fellow Form Friends. Can anyone tell me the inner diameter of a FMD front wheel hub.. The hub used in conjunction with a 16 inch pressed steel wheel. I am trying to locate front wheel weights and need this dimension to be sure weight will before before I buy.. My tractor is located approx 50 miles from my winter location. I can,t do a hands on measure till April.. There fore I reach oput to the forum in hopes someone can provide this info.. Thanks in Advance.

Majorman
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: FRONT WHEEL WEIGHTS Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A set of weights from either a Ford 4000 or 5000 will fit, they come in two halves. The original Major weights were a single piece and hard to fit whereas the later weights could be fitted without taking the wheels off.

MarB
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: FRONT WHEEL WEIGHTS Reply to specific post Reply with quote

UP-Date.. PICTURES Attached..
I want to thank you guys for your help & advice on the front wheel weights for my FMD. I lucked out today , with a reply to my ad. on Kijiji. The guy sent me a picture & I bought them. Best part was he was only 65 miles from me. Part # on weight casting is C5NN-1N000-A. I weighed them when I got them home. With bolts and nuts in place they weigh 88.8 lbs per pair. I see one post here where a guy installed this part # weight on a Fords 5000. Hopefully they will have a large enough diameter center hole to fit on my Fordson Major.. Its 60 miles from me at my tiny farm so I can,t measure the diameter of the inner hub where weights will be at this time. Can anyone measure or tell me what the inner front hub diameter is on a FMD, FPM or FSM ?? Thanks again

MarB
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: FRONT WHEEL WEIGHTS Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Another Up-Date on these wheel weights. Part # C5NN-1N000-A. FoMoCo. Winter is over ,, snow is gone here in Eastern Canada . Yesterday
I drove to my tiny farm (60 miles away) To install my , above mentioned , front wheel weights.. To make a long story short ,, they don,t
fit .. Center hole in weights being 4.5 inches in diameter ,, is too small to drop over ( straddle ) the hub. .. Bummer !!. Just a heads
up if anyone on here is considering buying this Part # weight for any of the Fordson Series tractors. I,m going to create an ad here to
see if I can possibly trade these weights for a set with a larger center hole. I don,t care if they are a single piece weight or two
halves..

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Fordson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters