Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Outage warning

View previous topic :: View next topic  
YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:35 am    Post subject: Outage warning Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yesterday, Tractorshed was moved onto our new circuit. The results are somewhat astonishing in performance. We hope that next Friday night, the forums, catalogs and shopping cart will also be moved to that new circuit.

For this week, the forum's performance is improved by only about double, but after next weekend, it will be improved by many times that.

Even though we plan to do this late at night, there is a possibility that some of you won't be able to post come next Saturday morning. This is because we have to change our IP addresses to move the site. If, next Saturday morning you find you can view the site just fine, but are unable to post, or select parts to buy, but can't add them to the cart, you'll have to reset your local router or modem to restore access. I'll explain below for those who are interested in the details.

If you visit a site frequently, your local router / modem retains the IP address of that site. If the IP address of the site changes, those cheap little boxes refuse to forget the old IP address sometimes. This often only effects posting to the site, not reading it, since browsing traffic goes through a different path within the ISP. The simple fix is unplug your router/modem, count to ten and plug it back in. This is true for any site that changes IP addresses. Thus when you see "server not found" or "server not responding" when you try to login or post to any site, but can browse that site just fine, you can use this trick to restore service.

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Outage warning Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Might be good to post this to Tractor Talk too... as I think there are many folks who don't read this forum and some who are not even aware of this forum.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Outage warning Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good idea. I will do so in the morn!

bc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Outage warning Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I smell improvements coming from All States. So what kind of CPU chip are you running on your server and how much storage in tig does it take? Almost sounds like you are going to solid state drives to store everything or else you are moving up past a T1 trunk line to a fiber optic line, and/or you are upgrading your modems and routers. How may modems and routers does this site take? Thanks.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Outage warning Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I did respond in the other thread but I'll add here, we were already on fiber, but it was fiber running from Seattle to Port Townsend. That extra leg out here, was causing a massive delay. Plus the circuits we have now are a GB rather than 20Mbps. You can see it's a major improvement far beyond any we've ever made.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Outage warning Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I now have a major change in our project to get the forums over this weekend. We have an upgrade to the server that has to occur prior to that and I completely forgot that. So we WILL NOT be switching over on Friday evening. There is not sufficient time to do the move of the server, the upgrade and to come up live by Friday. Just can't fit it all in.

I'll update this thread with exactly what day it will be.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Site Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters