Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

1948 Super AV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ESVADuke
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:03 am    Post subject: 1948 Super AV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a Super AV that is rigged for two row cultivation for vegetable work. Bought it 2016 with unknown history, put new tires on it, (way more $ than what I paid for it), cleaned out and lined the gas tank, new battery box, about to put a new starter on it, regular maintenance, but have done little else and it seems to run fine.

The the rear drum and engage lever are frozen. It hasn't bothered me in its current duties as primary cultivator, but I would like to remedy this situation at some point. Any advice on what I'd be getting into with this? Anyone dealt with something similar?

gene bender
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 1948 Super AV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You have the AV-435 cult which are verry rare do you need any tooling for it
those bkts that hold the shanks are hard to find the ones for round shanks are
available but not the oness holding the flat bar shanks those i do have a bunch
of email is bfarmall@sharontc.net

used red MN
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 1948 Super AV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

By rear drum I suppose that is the name you are using for the ..belt pulley..? If so pull it off and see what is
keeping the engagement lever from moving. Sounds like the tractor may have set a while. Something that
moves or slides in there for engagement is rusted or stuck.

ESVADuke
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: 1948 Super AV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-used red MN wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:49:23 04/07/21) By rear drum I suppose that is the name you are using for the ..belt pulley..? If so pull it off and see what is
keeping the engagement lever from moving. Sounds like the tractor may have set a while. Something that
moves or slides in there for engagement is rusted or stuck.

It apparently did sit for a while before I got it, you can tell from the rims where it sat in the dirt.

It is the rear belt pulley, pto, and engage lever that are stuck.
I keep thinking I"ll pull it in the shop and start taking it apart, when I catch up on everything else Smile, just a bit afraid of what Im going to run into.

ESVADuke
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: 1948 Super AV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I didn't think this thing was rare! My uncle had one, and when I saw this one for sale I picked it up. It came with all the rails to hold the cultivators and bracket for fertilizer hopper and seed hopper. Missing the seed hopper but probably wouldn't't use it anyway. I clamped a square bar across the two rear rails so I could drop a center shoe. Also missing a draw bar, but since its purpose is now cultivating, not really needing it.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters