Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Electric Brake control

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDPhil
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject: Electric Brake control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What brand of electric brake control is working good now?

DR. EVIL
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: Electric Brake control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TEKONSHA PRODIGY. My '96 F-250 had the camper/trailer towing option, a $10 wire harness plugged my controller into my truck in less than 30 seconds.
Most trucks 10 years old and newer have a brake controller built in from the factory.

RobCons
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: Electric Brake control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a Tekonsha Primus and really like it. It has an inertia sensor so if I apply the brakes hard it senses this and boost the signal automatically. Its like magic to me.

Farmer Rock
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric Brake control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a teknosha voyager on my 87 f250 and I forget what model teknosha on my 88 f450/ f super duty. In general, don't buy a digital controller, they are more trouble than it's worth.

Rock

Crookedwrench
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric Brake control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tekonsha. I am well pleased with the unit. Easily adjusts to different trailers and loads. Getting it set right makes a huge difference. Take your time and write down your settings on a particular load.

I find it hard to bend over and read while I am in the seat. The unit has a history setting, but vision is an issue

rbhuntn
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Electric Brake control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-JDPhil wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:52:00 03/31/21) What brand of electric brake control is working good now?

I use the basic Hayes brake controller. No frills but works good and is in its 3rd truck so I can say it has help up well.

Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric Brake control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

X2

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Transporting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters