Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Dealer's Showroom Empty

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim in New York
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 3:47 am    Post subject: Dealer's Showroom Empty Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Had to pick up a small part from the local Kubota dealer yesterday. His entire showroom was empty - usually has a couple RTV's and several B or BX models on the floor, and a couple beside the front door. Nothing. There were a handful of new tractors in the yard - maybe 6 or 8. Most of the time he has a couple dozen around. They also sell New Holland and there was not a single one of those in sight. Apparently tractors are scarce also? I see here used are way up in price - he only had one sad Ford 600 used in the yard.

Tim

RESLLS
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: Dealer's Showroom Empty Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lincoln mercury dealer near me only has a dozen or so new vehicles. Usually about 150. Used stock was pretty low too, maybe 30 instead of 100. Ford lot still had quite a few new but not many used.

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Dealer's Showroom Empty Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Local Kubota dealership told me yesterday that supply shortage continues to worsen and is not expected to improve before 04/22.

Dean

NY 986
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: Dealer's Showroom Empty Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The yards are empty other than a few early order units that customers have already signed for previously. Talking 2022 for just about any product.

DoubleO7
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Dealer's Showroom Empty Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Dean wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:30:13 05/01/21) Local Kubota dealership told me yesterday that supply shortage continues to worsen and is not expected to improve before 04/22.

Dean

Gonna be a lot of dealerships of anything closing.

NY 986
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Dealer's Showroom Empty Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There will be layoffs but I do not see but maybe a few closures. Now if supplies are extremely tight going into 2022 that could reduce revenue to force some locations
into closing. Unless companies want their customers to run 100 miles to get service they will do everything to keep locations open. Enough competition where if
somebody wants to test customers in terms of service others will be there to grab that business. Lets talk again this time next year.

Tom in TN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Dealer's Showroom Empty Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dang, Guys,

You might want to consider moving to Columbia, TN. I had to go to town yesterday for something else, but I noticed that all of the car dealerships are loaded with new cars and the New Holland dealer has dozens of tractors and stuff in their yard. I live near the GM plant in Spring Hill. They sure enough have a bunch of cars in the back lot that they're still waiting for electronics, but they are still shipping lots of Cadillacs. I went to the Cub Cadet dealer's office yesterday and their showroom and yard are both full of mowers, including XMark mowers. I bought some parts from them. They didn't have all of the parts that I wanted, but they never do so they ordered them for me. Supposed to be here next week.

So far, I'm not seeing any real shortages of anything.

Tom in TN

Goose
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: Dealer's Showroom Empty Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Come to think of it, when I drove past our local Case/IH dealer the other day, I noticed all new tractor in front of the place were gone.

There are usually about a dozen new tractors, with a few used ones mixed in, in a row in front of the place.

moresmoke
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Dealer's Showroom Empty Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If the sales people work mostly on commission, they will lay themselves off and find work that pays the bills. Parts and service keep the lights on.

NY 986
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: Dealer's Showroom Empty Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Quick sellers in automotive are sold out in many instances. New iron in a dealer's yard can mean very little if presold. This is not like a couple of generations ago where dealers were forced by blockmen to load up on unsold inventory. The one JD dealer here has very little in stock for compact tractors at a time of year that walk-in customers are expected.

John in Mich
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Dealer's Showroom Empty Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like a good time for FSBOs to light up Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, etc. I have a 2N that I want to get back together to sell but have been busy with other things, (wife needs-wants).

Bill in Eastern WA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Dealer's Showroom Empty Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When I went in to get my baling twine for the season, I commented that the dealer lot was pretty empty. They said they couldn't get any shipments due to logistics issues. This is an AGCO dealer that sells Massey Ferguson tractors. I noticed the CNH, John Deere and Kubota dealers in the area appeared to be in the same boat. This is in the Walla Walla area. Dealerships probably do better on parts and service than new equipment, but I'm sure it's like any business, you really need three or four revenue streams to keep things balanced out and new equipment is one of those streams. You can't keep growing the customer base to keep the business growing without it, so I hope for everyone's sake this get's better soon.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: Dealer's Showroom Empty Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Check back in a year or two when all the repos come in.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters