Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Massey 283 Brazil Lift Cover Adjustment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicrbig
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:03 pm    Post subject: Massey 283 Brazil Lift Cover Adjustment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm trying to track down the tools required to adjust my lift cover. The tractor is a MF 283 (Brazil). I've searched the forums and found a couple drawings. I haven't been able to contact the members with them. I'm wondering if they will work for my tractor. The following are the part numbers from my repair manual. I emailed OTC and the customer service rep provided with some current numbers. If anyone knows where I can get the tools or has any other advice I'd appreciate it!

MT0269 - Linkage Gage Fixture
MT0690 - Quadrant Lever Setting Tool
MT6089/MT6088 - Bushing Kit
Alternative part numbers may be: MT 2267 MU6088 MU6089

The only numbers showing current are MT0269A and MT2267. These tools are only available to AGCO Dealers. No aftermarket versions of the tools are available.

DavidP,South Wales
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 283 Brazil Lift Cover Adjustment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi, some of my sketches of 100 series tools are floating around on
YT MF and may be are needed for your 283 which is not brought into
the U.K. we have different numbers for the tools here. If you can post
any pictures of what you are looking for I might be able to help.
DavidP,South Wales

Nicrbig
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 283 Brazil Lift Cover Adjustment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just the guy I was hoping to talk to! I think the tools are the same for all the 200 series. I've uploaded some pictures from a catalog and my repair manual that have pictures of the tools and part numbers that I'm looking for.
I'm not clear on the size of the bushings 6088 and 6089 or the dimensions of tool 0253 used to hold the lift arms in position. Can you provide any information on that?

MFN 1080-D aka MT0269 Link Gage Fixture
MT2267 aka MT6088 and MT6089 Bushing Kit
Part number MT0690 would be great to have as well but I've had no luck finding it.

Is there any reason why no one has made these tools in the aftermarket? It seems that there's a need for them.

Nicrbig
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 283 Brazil Lift Cover Adjustment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

For some reason the forum will not allow me to upload the pictures I have. Can I email them to you or do you know how I can upload the pictures?

Nicrbig
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 283 Brazil Lift Cover Adjustment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I figured it out. My account is new so I am unable to upload photos. I have sent a request to the moderators to enable photo upload privileges for my account.

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 283 Brazil Lift Cover Adjustment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think you need 10 posts before you can post a picture.

Nicrbig
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 283 Brazil Lift Cover Adjustment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got the okay to upload pictures from the Administrator. Here's what I have.

Nicrbig
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 283 Brazil Lift Cover Adjustment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-DavidP,South Wales wrote:
(quoted from post at 00:55:52 10/08/20) Hi, some of my sketches of 100 series tools are floating around on
DavidP,South Wales

Did you ever find any of the sketches of the lift cover adjustment tools? I'm getting ready to tear my 283 down and rebuild it. Any help would be appreciated!

Nicrbig
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 283 Brazil Lift Cover Adjustment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-DavidP,South Wales wrote:
(quoted from post at 00:55:52 10/08/20) Hi, some of my sketches of 100 series tools are floating around on
DavidP,South Wales

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters