Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Case 2290 no power

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aaroncboo1
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:40 pm    Post subject: Case 2290 no power Reply to specific post Reply with quote

got the case 2290 home and have been working on electrical
stuff like a new radio and speakers.Everything worked but the
A/C. Had a couple of friends doing stuff to try and get power
to the compressor because we had none. Well in the process of
messing with it they ended up killing the tractor. Now I have
no power anywhere.

I've replaced the fuses and the 20 amp breaker along with the
relay under the starter and still nothing... No power even
from the column to the starter relay. I am completely lost.
It's the first larger tractor I have so it's a little more
complicated than the 560 to say the least. Does anybody have
any idea what to look at?

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: Case 2290 no power Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is the AC properly charged, there are pressure switches and a relay to shut the compressor down to stop from doing compressor damage. As far as the power, you will need to start at the starter and see where you lose power on the ign terminal, The cab has a separate relay under the starter, I would start looking for the problem in the area where your friends were working, The cab plug up under behind the step is vulnerable to corrosion, you could start there but tracing the voltage is where to start.

Aaroncboo1
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Case 2290 no power Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The ac had been retrofitted for the newer refrigerant that I'm drawing a blank on the name. But when I hook up the can with the gauge it goes straight to 100 on the dial. Don't know much about it but that was to high and I stopped messing with that. I'll check the switch for power today and see if I can get an idea of where to start.

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Case 2290 no power Reply to specific post Reply with quote

start where you know you have power and work toward the switch, check the circuit breakers and relays below the starter.

Aaroncboo1
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 2290 no power Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Circuit breakers are both good and I
replaced the relay and harness. I have no
power between the breaker and the fuse
block. Trying to figure out what wire is
what. Tech manual is helpful but wire
colors don't always match up.

Aaroncboo1
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 2290 no power Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just an update. It works and I have no idea what I did. Must be a short somewhere. It might happen again but it may be a long time or 2 hrs. So I figure I'll run it like it is and then look in to it when I don't need it.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters