Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

gleaner e floods frequently

View previous topic :: View next topic  
workhorsewalt
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject: gleaner e floods frequently Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When I go to start my gas gleaner e if floods frequently. Any common causes of this and ways to prevent? Got a good air filter clean fuel. I dont over choke. It sure seems like they are easy to flood though.

Thank

workhorsewalt
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: gleaner e floods frequently Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Another issue I thought of:

It has always flooded easily and maybe I need a carb overhaul. But the mechanical fuel pump went out this spring and I replaced with a Carter electronic one (item #p4070 in line fuel pump) which supposedly has 4-6 psi output. Maybe that pump is overcoming the info float restriction by the carb. Saw a good bit of fuel leaking out of the carb when it flooded.
Thoughts

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: gleaner e floods frequently Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've been around several and that was never a problem. I'd say your carb needs attention. I don't know that you can get a lower pressure fuel pump?

Skyhighballoon(MO)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: gleaner e floods frequently Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've never had a problem with my EIII but I still have the mechanical fuel pump. Replacement mechanical fuel pumps are fairly cheap. Did you see my response to your earlier post about the fuel pump?

workhorsewalt
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: gleaner e floods frequently Reply to specific post Reply with quote

didnt see the post till you brought to my attention. That should be the way to go. Thanks!!

Gonna rebuild the carb also

jh105
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: gleaner e floods frequently Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I replaced the mechanical pump on my E III with a carter electric pump and it pumped fuel past the float valve. I installed an in-line fuel pressure regulator. Seemed to solve the problem.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters