Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

case 1955 VA

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VACLee
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: case 1955 VA Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Send me an email concerning the parts you are needing. Lee

Pnettis
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: case 1955 VA Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pnettis wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:38:03 05/10/21)

VACLee
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: case 1955 VA Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have you got a picture straight on of the front? Curious as to which front axle you have. There are at least 4 different ones. Yours should have the peak at the pivot instead of being a straight bar like the earlier ones.

Pnettis
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: case 1955 VA Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-VACLee wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:03:35 05/10/21) Have you got a picture straight on of the front? Curious as to which front axle you have. There are at least 4 different ones. Yours should have the peak at the pivot instead of being a straight bar like the earlier ones.

This is the one I have

VACLee
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: case 1955 VA Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's what I wanted to see. I don't have that one, but I do have the other 3. Had not seen that one but it is in the parts book.

Pnettis
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: case 1955 VA Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Lee
Just need the springs for both rear drums and the brake shoes for both wheels.

The shoe i took off is really just a big metal ring with two linings
Adjacent to each other (opposite side to one another).

The internal levers, one side for working the other doesnt work at all and been soaking it in PB blaster since sunday..moves about 1/8 of an inch..all rusty inside that one

I would like to resurface the drums but not sure if there is enough material o them..both are real rusty..looking for the top to.get that big but off...

Pn

Joe (Wa)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: case 1955 VA Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am not very familiar with VAI although I drove a 1946-47 nearly twice daily back in the days we had to haul milk cans to & from the loading dock daily. I crank started that 6v critter from about Nov to Apr, kicked like a mule even with the ignition retarded some.

Hydraulic oil is lower viscosity (most ballpark 10 wt) than 90 wt gear oil so one could expect a higher leak rate into the bell housing.

Your tractor has a remote cylinder control valve, that is how your hyd pump will be circulating oil if the valve is in neutral. I can't see from your pic if single or double acting (one valve stem or two at the top) I am only familiar with the DA in which the valve spools are spring loaded to return to neutral. The control valve dumps to the torque tube sump via the hyd return filter element. If it is cold enough, 90 wt will likely blow a hole in the element dumping some debris in the sump which the pump could pick and past to and plug the control valve putting your pump at risk.

You could remove the filter element or better yet remove the pump, fab a light plate for the opening. There is only crankcase pressure there and just splash oil to contain. You should be able to find a cover or just leave the remote control valve in place. Personally I would bite the bullet and repair the shaft seal leak, clutch friction disc may quit on you just when you need the tractor.

This is all I have on the brakes. Some of the p/n's shown are likely bsolete, if you need a later p/n for an item post it. If pics are too blurry to read I will find the on-line VAI parts manual & post a link.

Joe

Pnettis
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: case 1955 VA Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="CVPost-Joe (Wa)"](quoted from post at 21:23:15 05/11/21) I am not very familiar with VAI although I drove a 1946-47 nearly twice daily back in the days we had to haul milk cans to & from the loading dock daily. I crank started that 6v critter from about Nov to Apr, kicked like a mule even with the ignition retarded some.

Hydraulic oil is lower viscosity (most ballpark 10 wt) than 90 wt gear oil so one could expect a higher leak rate into the bell housing.

Your tractor has a remote cylinder control valve, that is how your hyd pump will be circulating oil if the valve is in neutral. I can't see from your pic if single or double acting (one valve stem or two at the top) I am only familiar with the DA in which the valve spools are spring loaded to return to neutral. The control valve dumps to the torque tube sump via the hyd return filter element. If it is cold enough, 90 wt will likely blow a hole in the element dumping some debris in the sump which the pump could pick and past to and plug the control valve putting your pump at risk.

You could remove the filter element or better yet remove the pump, fab a light plate for the opening. There is only crankcase pressure there and just splash oil to contain. You should be able to find a cover or just leave the remote control valve in place. Personally I would bite the bullet and repair the shaft seal leak, clutch friction disc may quit on you just when you need the tractor.

This is all I have on the brakes. Some of the p/n's shown are likely bsolete, if you need a later p/n for an item post it. If pics are too blurry to read I will find the on-line VAI parts manual & post a link.

Joe

Thanks

Working on a few things...I will get back to you on the parts
The other side is still on the tractor _brakes

Found out the system isn't charging as well😯

Looking for a voltage regulator ,,,may change it over to alternator

Do you know if this is an easy thing to do?

Thank you for all your help

\pn

Pnettis
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: case 1955 VA Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Finally got thru with looking at the brakes..need alot of parts

> two drums - VTA-2805 x 2

> two brake bands (one for each side) VTA-3090 & VTA-3091
(might be able to use linings only -VTA-2819)

> all the inner springs (3 per side) - VT-5092 x 4, VT-5093 x 2

> Two oil seals behind the brake drums. ???????
(oil leaking bad)

> two springs on the outside of the brake (brake Returns)
cover holding tension on the foot levers - VT-2155 x 2

That is a big list if I want brakes..all the internals are oiled up/broken/rusty..

Looking for a tool to take off the drums nut VT-5095

Do you think any of these parts are still available ?

thanxs
<pn

Pnettis
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: case 1955 VA Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Also, might be able to turn/mill the brake drums but until I get them off I would not know for sure..they look like the originals.

Most likely will not clean up

Lastly still need to get the tork tube seal inside by the bell housing
and clutch assembly.

<pn

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters