Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Re: Indicator light

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony in SD
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Indicator light Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Im not aware of indicator lights on any N that I have seen.

HCooke
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Indicator light Reply to specific post Reply with quote

9Ns had an 'ignition on' indicator light. Google wiring diagrams by JMOR'.

Btzj02
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: Indicator light Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Tony in SD wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:54:46 05/08/21) Im not aware of indicator lights on any N that I have seen.

A little reminder that the key is on can't hurt!

Caryc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Indicator light Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Btzj02 wrote:
(quoted from post at 06:24:10 05/09/21)
CVPost-Tony in SD wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:54:46 05/08/21) Im not aware of indicator lights on any N that I have seen.

Unless you leave the key on. Mr. Green

Smokeonthewater
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Indicator light Reply to specific post Reply with quote

personally, if I wanted to add a reminder that the key was on, I would use a buzzer hooked to an oil pressure switch....

Btzj02
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Indicator light Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Smokeonthewater wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:22:39 05/09/21) personally, if I wanted to add a reminder that the key was on, I would use a buzzer hooked to an oil pressure switch....

I try to live by the KISS principle. This light is simply on if the ignition circuit has voltage. Now a buzzer for low oil pressure?... That has possibilities!

Smokeonthewater
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Indicator light Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Btzj02 wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:37:27 05/09/21)
Smokeonthewater wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:22:39 05/09/21) personally, if I wanted to add a reminder that the key was on, I would use a buzzer hooked to an oil pressure switch....

I try to live by the KISS principle. This light is simply on if the ignition circuit has voltage. Now a buzzer for low oil pressure?... That has possibilities!

Fairly common on marine engines... generally tied into temp switch too

Buzzer serves the same purpose as the light plus an oil warning....
If you like the light and want an oil warning, simply ground the light through an oil pressure switch.... then it would go off when the engine started as long as oil pressure came up

Caryc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Indicator light Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-HCooke wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:30:28 05/08/21) 9Ns had an 'ignition on' indicator light. Google wiring diagrams by JMOR'.

If someone's really worried about it. How about a long necklace with the key on it. Then if you tried to get off the tractor with the ignition on, it would strangle you. Mr. Green

That's on heck of a reminder.

Smokeonthewater
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Indicator light Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Caryc wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:19:46 05/09/21)
CVPost-HCooke wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:30:28 05/08/21) 9Ns had an 'ignition on' indicator light. Google wiring diagrams by JMOR'.

If someone's really worried about it. How about a long necklace with the key on it. Then if you tried to get off the tractor with the ignition on, it would strangle you. Mr. Green

That's on heck of a reminder.

I like it!

Btzj02
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Indicator light Reply to specific post Reply with quote

.[/quote]

I like it![/quote]

Like that chord you clip to your shirt when on the tread mill! I supposed you would start hanging clothes on the Old Ford too, just like the treadmill in my basement!

Smokeonthewater
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Indicator light Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just don't clip it to the pto Shocked Shocked Shocked

hunkydory
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Indicator light Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Btzj02 wrote:
CVPost-Tony in SD wrote:

I had an extra hole in the dash and did the same thing with a green LED.

Tim PloughNman Daley
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Indicator light Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, Tony, they did. The first 25000 units or so had a dash Ignition 'ON' lamp -see pic. It was mounted underneath the AMMETER and used a standard #63 bayonet-style 6V bulb, the same as the TAURUS and DUOLAMP Taillights.

EARLY FORD-FERGUSON 9N w/DASH LAMP:

Tim Daley(MI)

Tim PloughNman Daley
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Indicator light Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What wiring are you looking for? All the MPC's have parts and sketches. If you have a 9N dash lamp, you would also have a special wiring harness as well as pushbutton starter mounted on the upper LH dash panel. Need help, email me.

EARLY FORD-FERGUSON 9N w/DASH LAMP:

Tim Daley(MI)

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters