Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Cub hood

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grandpa Love
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 3:36 am    Post subject: Cub hood Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Interesting discussion down below. I learned something. All my cubs are missing the bracket that holds the hood to the radiator! Have owned a dozen cubs,not a one had that bracket. Any idea why?? '48-'74.... 9 were '49s

BarnyardEngineering
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: Cub hood Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They break off. That's why you can buy replacements and weld them back in.

Borrowed image from "competing website:"

BarnyardEngineering
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: Cub hood Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh and by the way the "square hood" ('63-up) tractors are held on differently. There is a bolt straight through the hood and a spacer.

John M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: Cub hood Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wouldnt let me do that earlier. Had to find another.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Cub hood Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Guess I will have to go take a good look at my cub and see if there broken off. They look simple enough to be able to make them

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Cub hood Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My hood has one of two of those but it doesn't line up so I can bolt it on due the the exhaust pipe not letting the hood go forward enough to line up. But either way I would prefer to have the doglegs and grill.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Cub hood Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just looked and my Cub has one of the two brackets but it doesn't line up to the bolt hole it should be bolted to due the the exhaust pipe not letting the hood move forward enough to line it up. I may try to heat the exhaust pipe up with the torch so I can bend it forward a little bit. The exhaust pipe on my Cub has been welded to the manifold and is a piece of water pipe

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Cub hood Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well my hood had one on the right side but it didn't line up as it should do to the exhaust keeping the hood from going forward enough. The left side was broken off and there is a hole where it should be so I took a piece of flat metal and bent it to fit drilled out the hole in the hood to 1/4 inch and it now has one on both sides. Just came in from the shop from installing the hood for the second time. Used the torch to heat the exhaust and bend it so the hood would fit.

But I still need the doglegs and grill

grandpa Love
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 2:48 am    Post subject: Re: Cub hood Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got a pair of dog legs. They ain't perfect but will work. Got the nicest homemade grill I ever seen. Bought it last week..... You interested??

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Cub hood Reply to specific post Reply with quote

YES

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Cub hood Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Let me know all the info on the parts please

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters