Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

1958 Ford 861 Diesel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tugman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:05 am    Post subject: 1958 Ford 861 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So I purchased this tractor last week and will be picking it up on Friday 600 miles round trip.
This will be a longer term project maybe a year, it will make a nice addition to my 8n.
I do plan on adding a fel and will be rebuilding pretty much everything ( she's pretty tired) .
And will be painting it in the traditional color's so this will be a good project.

texfordfan
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 1958 Ford 861 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like my 871 diesel. I kept the original air cleaner like yours has and haven't had any problems despite what I'd been told. Hope you have fun with your
restoration.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 1958 Ford 861 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good for you!! I have a 971D. give a shout if you have color questions.

tugman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 1958 Ford 861 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you guy's 😊
I knew I was going to buy it before I actually saw it, as I said she's tired but that's OK.
I'll go through it front to back and then I'll know what I have and shouldn't develop any issues...
I did come across a few sos's but only a few and not in my price range , I would have bought one had the opportunity presented itself.
Showcrop I will have questions on the painting but that will be a bit farther down the road, this one doesn't have power steering but it will when I get done with it 😉.
Address for this place is: N6891 County rd B Montello, WI. Google that and the name will show up on goggle maps, great guy to do business with very well organized and I thought good prices.
Loads of "n" parts too .

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: 1958 Ford 861 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a decent old tractor.
Will be a significant step up from an N.
If you are going to add PS and a loader
maybe keep an eye out for the front
end/steering from a light industrial.
Photos show a 2000 light ind. my friend had
with PS and the heavy front axle.
His had a very tired 134 gas in it so he
put a 172 diesel in it.

tugman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: 1958 Ford 861 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you 😊
Your friend did a wonderful job on his tractor ( nice jump in power too! ) the color of his hood is nice.
I agree on the front axle, is it just a swap out or are there other changes?
This tractor has 26" rear tires, they are shot as well as the rims and I want to end up with 12x28's .
Brian (the business owner) says he has a pair of center domes that will fit the new 28" rims for 75 bucks each, so we'll see how much extra stuff I drag home on Friday.
I will inquire with Brian about the front axle too 👍

tugman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 1958 Ford 861 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well she came home finally, I stopped at a closed rest area about 20 miles into the trip home to check the chains and binders, and just to get this picture....

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters