Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

PowerMaster 871 Water Temp Gauge

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajPM871
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:48 am    Post subject: PowerMaster 871 Water Temp Gauge Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey everyone. I just got an 871 Powermaster and I have a question about the water temp gauge. I want to replace it but I can't seem to find anything that looks like the original gauge. Photo posted below, black face goes to 250 and says water temp on it. Anyone know where to get one like this? I only see generic looking ones with a color range on them and they don't look very original. Also if anyone knows what originally went into the hole in the right that would be great. I think it was an SOS gauge for the transmission or something because there is a disconnected wire coming up from next to the pto engage cable.

IndFord
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: PowerMaster 871 Water Temp Gauge Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The larger hole is for the dash lights, the smaller one is for the lube light on the Select O Speed. The original gauges didn't have lights built into the gauges.

shaun wallace
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: PowerMaster 871 Water Temp Gauge Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The OEM gauge had temp colors. There was no Amp, just indacator lite. The other small hole has red lite just like other that was lube lite for trans.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: PowerMaster 871 Water Temp Gauge Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The OEM gauges had black bezels.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: PowerMaster 871 Water Temp Gauge Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The OEM gauges had black bezels.

KCM
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: PowerMaster 871 Water Temp Gauge Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The temperature gauge in your tractor is an old aftermarket that is not correct. The originals had a black raised bezel, black face, and the color coding for temperature. As with a lot of current aftermarket parts, the color coded ones you can buy now are very close to the original but not perfect.

The hole is for a light identical to the amp light on the left side that monitors the Select-O-Speed oil pressure. The pressure sensor is located at the left rear of the transmission and the wire comes out of the side inspection plate on the differential housing. It operates the same as an oil pressure light on a car. The wire coming out of the top transmission cover is the park safety switch to insure the transmission is in park before you can can start the tractor, a very important switch in my opinion.

ajPM871
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: PowerMaster 871 Water Temp Gauge Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks everyone on this post for getting me all this OEM information. Much appreciated.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters