Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Need Cub grill

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject: Need Cub grill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So I have the hood on my cub now but it is missing the grill and maybe the dog legs if that isn't part of the grill. Anybody have a grill I could get??
Thanks

Charlie M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Cub grill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think the grills changed over the years so you should probably state a year. My cub is a 47 and I know sometime a few years later the grill changed at least once.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Cub grill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mine is a 1947 with no hyds

grandpa Love
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Cub grill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got one. Will look for dog legs, may have them.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Cub grill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As it sits right now the hood sits down on top of the radiator and I don't think that is a good thing since it could cause the radiator to spring a leak

BarnyardEngineering
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Need Cub grill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The hood should have ears that bolt to the radiator supports, holding it a little bit above the radiator.

grandpa Love
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: Need Cub grill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think the dog legs is all that hold it
up.........

DeltaSteve
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Need Cub grill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pretty sure I have a grill out in the shed. You can have it for the shipping. However,it may be pricey comeing from Western Colorado to Missouri.Call if interested.nine7o-4!7-1!7eight

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Need Cub grill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I thought that also till I put the hood back on and the bolt holes in the radiator area do not even come close to lining up to holes in the hood

Jim Becker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Need Cub grill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-old wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:54:49 05/13/21) I thought that also till I put the hood back on and the bolt holes in the radiator area do not even come close to lining up to holes in the hood

Then you have something either bent or badly misassembled. What Barnyard said is correct.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Need Cub grill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There are pieces missing or the dogleg part is part of the grill. The hood cannot bolt directly to the radiator support and even when you look at the hood you can see where something is missing since it has an area that should have some sort of sheet metal over it

grandpa Love
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Need Cub grill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I say wrong. Got 6 cubs. No such bolts
on any of them.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Cub grill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes the triangle sort of piece and grill is what I need. I don't have either side or the grill. But at least now I have a better idea of what they look like. One problem I do have is on the left side the lower stove bolt is broken off in the casting and sticks out about a 1/4 inch but will not come out. I am thinking I may need to weld a washer and nut on it to get it out

muleboss
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Cub grill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="CVPost-old"](reply to post at 16:23:26 05/13/21) [/quote

Sorry I have many more cubs and yes there should be a small strap in side the hood that bolts to the radiator. ]

John M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Cub grill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim and BYE are right. I found a pic, but I cant post it because it links to a competing sight. Google Farmall Cub hood supports, them images. Should be the first image, second one shows a diagram, and where they attach.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters