Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Case 580 ck TLB neutral button on loader stick

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Case450
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 6:37 am    Post subject: Case 580 ck TLB neutral button on loader stick Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The button on top of my 1994?? Case 580
backhoe loader control lever popped off
and now the doggone machine stays in
neutral. How can I hotwire/bypass that
button so I can use the machine again? I
never used that button before anyways

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Case 580 ck TLB neutral button on loader stick Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't use the one on my Ford 655A either. But if I hit it, it sticks, with the same result as you're getting.
Can you pull switch and/or wires up out of the handle? I don't know if it's a normally open or normally closed switch, but either way, once you get a hold of the wires, it should be as simple as isolating them, or hooking them together.

AJ.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Case 580 ck TLB neutral button on loader stick Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The easiest thing to do is to take out fuse #6, second fuse down in the middle row, that fuse also controls the return to dig and the hazard lights, get a new switch, to fit the new switch take off the rubber boot, unscrew the switch counting the amount of turns, connect the new switch and turn anti clock the amount of turns and screw it into the lever, that way the wires won't be twisted, you need D141486 switch, and if you need the boot it's D138252, the boot keeps the dirt out.
AJ

AJ.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Case 580 ck TLB neutral button on loader stick Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The switch is spring loaded open, now it is closed and sending power to the solenoid for the clutch all the time, I missed the bit about you not using it, so unscrew the switch and take one wire off and tape it up, ideally leave the live wire on the switch where it will be secure.
AJ

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters