Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

John Deere 350b joystick

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maicoman
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 6:21 am    Post subject: John Deere 350b joystick Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My old 350b is 52 years old, and parts are getting hard to find for these, ESPECIALLY the 6 way control valve for the blade.
If anybody knows ANYTHING about where, and if, rebuilt ones can be found, I'd really appreciate hearing from you! What sucks is that this old crawler runs great and has a rebuilt transmission and a new undercarriage, BUT the joystick that controls the blade is pretty much junk. I've been searching for over a year now for parts, used ones, or a contact for anybody who knows how to repair the old control valve.
Many thanks for any advice you might offer!

Tim in the woods of NH

Jim.ME
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 350b joystick Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maicoman wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:21:50 05/23/21) My old 350b is 52 years old, and parts are getting hard to find for these, ESPECIALLY the 6 way control valve for the blade.
If anybody knows ANYTHING about where, and if, rebuilt ones can be found, I'd really appreciate hearing from you! What sucks is that this old crawler runs great and has a rebuilt transmission and a new undercarriage, BUT the joystick that controls the blade is pretty much junk. I've been searching for over a year now for parts, used ones, or a contact for anybody who knows how to repair the old control valve.
Many thanks for any advice you might offer!

Tim in the woods of NH

The valve and the joystick control are two different things. Do you need both or just the joystick parts? If you are looking for the control part (joystick), most people end up rebuilding their own. Weld/braze up holes and re-drill them, add bushings, new pins, generic knuckle joints, etc. Last prices I heard someone say they got from JD was north of $1400.OO and that was just some of the joystick parts. Basically those are near the NLA point. There is not much rebuild to a valve, mainly just some O-rings or seals where the spools exit the body and some O-rings on the relief and check valves. Spools and bodies are matched and work on metal to metal clearance.

There has been a fellow over in Vermont that has advertised used JD parts (winches, blades, etc.) on Craigslist at times. You might keep watch for his ads and check with him.

Maicoman
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 350b joystick Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim,

Thanks for your reply and suggestions. I'll follow that advice and try to re-pin the sloppy old linkage, which is the real issue.
The valve body itself is working just fine.

Tim

Roy Suomi
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 350b joystick Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a new old stock unused tee handle . been on my shelf since 1985.. A buddy of mine has a box full of new linkages from a 450-C dozer with 6
way dozer. He lifted them as payment for trucking he did and didn't get paid .[ In northeast Ohio ]

Maicoman
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 350b joystick Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Let me know how you want to proceed. I'd be interested in buying a new old-stock linkages you have.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters