Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Oil Filter pics MM UB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MnBoy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:50 am    Post subject: Oil Filter pics MM UB Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So here is what I am going to try for the '53UB. One is the spin-on type and uses an adapter. The other is supposed to be a direct replacement for the original canister-type filter. Have not tried either, but will soon and follow with observations.

MnBoy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil Filter pics MM UB Reply to specific post Reply with quote

MnBoy wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:50:28 04/26/21) So here is what I am going to try for the '53UB. One is the spin-on type and uses an adapter. The other is supposed to be a direct replacement for the original canister-type filter. Have not tried either, but will soon and follow with observations.

The oil filter adapter is an odd sized part. The filter side for the UB is 1 1/8-16 thread. The other end is 11/16-16. Odd size. You probably will not find one apart from those that offer them specifically for the MM U-types on eBay, for example. They get plenty for them.

Duey C
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil Filter pics MM UB Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know this thread is about a month old but thank you for showing this here!
By gum! Been wishing to see the whole sh-bang. That darn replacement PH8842 filter does seem to be about the size of the old canister.
Haven't checked current pricing but figure around 30 bucks from Mr Biler.
Would you report what you find please?
All this could help a lot of folks, even on other sites with older tractors too. Smile

Rich'sToys
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil Filter pics MM UB Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't recall the price of my adapter from Charlie, as that info is out in the shop right now. I used a Wix filter, which is what he recommended. It is also a tall filter. Pictures of it are in this thread.

https://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/viewtopic.php?t=1495049

Rich'sToys
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil Filter pics MM UB Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Whoops! Guess you already found that thread.

Duey C
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil Filter pics MM UB Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I did! A huge thank you from small Twin City land, central MN!
You guys' info has helped me a great deal!
A stakker by default and wishing to share info and my own findings for folks over there.
Sorry, for me this site is very clunky.
Duey

Rich'sToys
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: Oil Filter pics MM UB Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Duey C wrote:
(quoted from post at 23:55:18 05/26/21)
Sorry, for me this site is very clunky.
Duey

It definitely is that. If you have not already done so, switch over to modern view. Still not perfect, but at least a little closer to how a real forum is supposed to work.

Whereabouts in MN are you located?

Duey C
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil Filter pics MM UB Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Haha! Learning work-aounds so I can post in modern view but I have to quote you. I'm in the Glenwood area.
Just checked, the 11/16 threads in the oil filter housing on your UB's go back to the start of 21-32 (FT) and KT Twin City tractor production in early 1929 but that shouldn't be surprising as it's still a full-flow Purolater filter assy.
Sure, a few minor changes along the way but still the same concept and GB had said a couple years ago that the newer filters would bolt right on the older engines and he's right.
I wonder if the filter assy's were still painted black when MM got them in for your tractors like the TC's. Smile

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters