Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CASE 530 bouncing three point hitch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mserges
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:05 am    Post subject: CASE 530 bouncing three point hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 1968 Case 530. It works great for small implements line a tiller or small disk/plow. I also mow around my lakes with a New Holland 450 sickle bar mower. I am having problems controlling the mower height. While mowing the mower will start bouncing up and down and I have to lower it to the ground to stop the bouncing. Is there an adjustment for heavier implements that I need to change? Anything else I should check?

Thanks, Mike

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: CASE 530 bouncing three point hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is that a DOM tractor or Eagle Hitch? If is a DOM can you post a picture of the upper third point inner parts at the tractor. I believe there is a way to lock the DOM out for situations like yours.

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: CASE 530 bouncing three point hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is that a DOM tractor or Eagle Hitch? If is a DOM can you post a picture of the upper third point inner parts at the tractor. I believe there is a way to lock the DOM out for situations like yours.

mserges
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: CASE 530 bouncing three point hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply! Mine is a DOM, not the Eagle Hitch. I will get some pics tonight and post them....Really appreciate the help!

mserges
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: CASE 530 bouncing three point hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Attached is a picture of the TPH on my CASE 530. It does not have a wedge assembly to lock the bracket. Is there another adjustment on the TPH I need to make for a heavier implement?

Thanks, Mike

mserges
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: CASE 530 bouncing three point hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I posted a picture in this thread but I think I replied to my own post....Just a message to let you know I posted....Thanks again for taking a look!!

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: CASE 530 bouncing three point hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Take a look at the backside (toward the transmission case) of the upper 3rd point bracket from the top looking down there should be a bolt securing a wedge that you can drop to lock out DOM feedback, with the wedge down it locks the sensing circuit, take a picture looking right straight down at the front side of the top bracket so we can see the area between the upper bracket and the tranny case. IF the wedge is not there look for a threaded hole where a bolt screws in to secure a bracket, I have never see one not equipped with the lockout wedge, The problem you are having is because the weight of the mower is pulling on the upper 3rd point linkage and as you move, the upper 3rd point linkage is causing the spring to compress and decompressing giving the feedback needed for the DOM valve to try to correct the height.

mserges
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: CASE 530 bouncing three point hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So tonight I removed the sickle bar mower and flushed the area behind the top mast. There was no wedge visible. After a thorough cleaning I found three pieces of the control bracket and the bolt hole with a broken bold flush with the mast. I'm guessing the bolt broke off due to age and the control bracket was crushed in the movement. Thanks for your help in understanding how this works!! I think I can extract broken bolt, but am wondering where I find a replacement control bracket/wedge?

Thanks again for the help!!

Joe (Wa)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: CASE 530 bouncing three point hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You should be able to find part nrs at the link, they will likely be Case NA but may help locating something aftermarket or salvage.

Joe
https://avspare.com/catalog/case/68054/51563/

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: CASE 530 bouncing three point hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you have a friend whocan mill a slot in a piece of metal you can very easily make a wedge that can be slid up or down this piece is not rocket science, just stops the twisting motion of the top link shaft. You may be able to fashion a clamp over on the spring rod as well, anything to stop that section of linkage from moving. Just put the weight on the hitch then clamp it fast against the spring bracket. Maybe a wire rope clamp ???

mserges
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: CASE 530 bouncing three point hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking I could make one if I had the measurements....but maybe I just need to measure the gap and work from there.

Appreciate the feedback! I have been looking, but all are marked "not available" so making one will be my next option.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters